Hartlepool First War Chest

Started by The Shadow, May 12, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow

Taken from the Hartlepool First website.
QuoteUnless above and beyond normal duties then any of Hartlepool First's elected representatives will not claim any additional expenses. Any special responsibility allowances payable solely as a result of a position within the party will be donated (net of tax and NI) to party funds

Can someone from HF confirm that this policy still stands? If so then I can see that Cllr Lilley will be a few hundred pounds down from his travel and telephone claims. Though it is good to see that he will also be surrendering all of his leaders allowance to the party fighting fund. That'll leave a nice pot of around £8k for them to use in the next local election. 

The Great Dictator

notinshadow

Ah yes he might have said that but that was before the election.

I wonder what he says now?

The Great Dictator

But hes a man of his word, isnt he ?

notinshadow

Yes he did so therefore his taking the money.

not4me

Just as a matter of interest.
Other than taking shots at Lilley, voting with Labour in the council, getting your picture taken next to the Park Fountain and doing favours for mates that flout the planning regulations - what does a Tory Councillor actually do these days?

The Shadow

Attend a council meeting or two and find out for yourself. I am NOT Ray Wells nor am I a tory party member either.

My original post was a fair one and simply highlights that HF policies will mean one of their councillors (G Lilley) will need to reign in his expense claims to keep to it.
I also pointed out that with the promise of surrendering the party leaders allowance to the party, HF will have a nice fighting fund of approx £8000 to use in the next election.

mk1

Barely enough fora set  of new  wheels on a bus.............

Inspector Knacker

So are you called 'Shadow' because you just shadow HF, .... surely it would be more appropriate to change your name to 'The Stalker'.....  ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

He is just trying to discredit the site in advance of the  forthcoming revelations about Ray Well's 'shadowy' activities.....

The Shadow

How am I "trying to discredit this site"? Because I dare to question anyone other than a Labour or Tory councillor?

mk1

Straight Talking

Quote from: The Shadow on May 12, 2012, 06: PM
Attend a council meeting or two and find out for yourself.

My original post was a fair one and simply highlights that HF policies will mean one of their councillors (G Lilley) will need to reign in his expense claims to keep to it.
I also pointed out that with the promise of surrendering the party leaders allowance to the party, HF will have a nice fighting fund of approx £8000 to use in the next election.

As the leader of PHF, Cllr. Lilley will receive an additional allowance of ££3,461 - depending upon his personal financial position regarding Tax & NI, he will lose approximately 1/3rd so leaving nearer to £2500 per year, than £2,000, and of course if the allowances go up, this will be more.

The only problem with any of this, is that unless you are rich enough to live totally on your earnings outside of the Council, the full figure will be taken into account by both the Tax man,the DWP and HBC when calculating any entitlements to Council Tax reductions - so giving away your money may not be the wisest thing he's every done.

It also assumes that he remains the leader for his full 3 year term. A change of rider would mean that the promise is not broken, but it becomes impossible to fulfill. But lets see  ;) ;) ;)

fred c

Looking at what goes on in Nationa Politics i can`t believe The Stalker whoops Shadow..... we have cases of MP`s fiddling expenses on an indusrtial scale & here he is questioning the integrity of someone who has only been in position for less than 2 weeks.

He really needs to get a grip on his delusional behaviour before he finds himself on the top of a highbuilding & tries to fly.

The Shadow

Well done on jumping on the band wagon Fred. No doubt you will receive your party defence badge soon.

No if you actually read my first post, I didn't question Cllr Lilleys integrity. I stated that if he is to keep to the party election promise then your party will have a nice fighting fund for the next election. But you are too blinded by the need to seen defending your sainted ones by your fellow party members.

As for stalking... Well after being a member of HTH long enough to see how you, Lilley, Lattimer, McKenzie and Allison obsess over the Akers-Belchers, Richardson and Wells, one could say that I've learnt from the best ;) x