oh for a coat of paint

Started by testing times, February 09, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

I noticed that you've chosen to put marky's video back on the front page but I don't see HBC having the money to refurbish the Wingfield Castle given the financial mess the council is in at the moment. They should have had a maintenance program in place for the ship from the start but as we all know HBC isn't too hot on maintenance (of anything).

It got me thinking that a while ago there was some sort of appeal for work ideas for those on community service. They must be struggling for ideas, even though there are tons of aluminium cans, plastic bottles, McDonald's packaging and Supermarket plastic bags strewn all over the place. At one time, I think they ended up painting the railway wall opposite the football ground  :o

Anyway, repainting the Wingfield Castle seems to be an ideal and useful target for their compensatory efforts, don't you think? . . . and soon, just before the summer season and before it gets any worse.

Oh and please, let's not have a working group set up before hand that does an assessment plan of the refurbishment required and costs of £100,000+. Just give the buggers a tin of paint for the time being and tell them to get on with it.  ;)

tankerville

This should be put out for tender, providing a team of consultants are brought in beforehand, then a working group set up to finalise the work to be undertaken, sent to scrutiny and cabinet for approval, then on to full council for their rejection.

Finally employ a team of divers when it's lying at the bottom of the dock as a Wreck.

Tourist Attraction ? It should be closed to the public under health & safety ruling.