Labour member suspended over anti-semtism

Started by TheLincolnshirePoacher, August 28, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLincolnshirePoacher

I've been reliably informed that a stalwart Labour member and active campaigner within Hartlepool has been suspended from the party due to anti-semitic comments. Anyone else hearing this im local circles?

DRiddle

Strange opening post. Yes we all know about it but work on the belief people are innocent until proven guiltily. Like Angie Wilcox for example.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on August 28, 2018, 06: PM

we all know about it but work on the belief people are innocent until proven guiltily. Like Angie Wilcox for example.

Now that is simply not correct.

mk1

Quote from: TheLincolnshirePoacher on August 28, 2018, 05: PM
I've been reliably informed that a stalwart Labour member and active campaigner within Hartlepool has been suspended from the party due to anti-semitic comments. Anyone else hearing this im local circles?

It would be unwise to accept  the truth of any charges being laid during the current outbreak of  fratricide in the  Labour Group. Fragging is de rigueur!

DRiddle

Fair point well made. Wilcox was guilty as sin before it became official in court. A copy of the letter accusing the Labour member of racism (not anti semitism specifically) has been in the hands of various people for weeks.

Like Mk1 says, various sides of the labour rift are throwing a lot of mud. It's to be expected when you consider the kind of people involved.

DRiddle

I suppose it could be worse. It could be a bloke who thinks he could be an MP one day, spending hours and hours of his life going through 5 year old Facebook posts to try and make trouble. Tragic.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on August 28, 2018, 08: PM
I suppose it could be worse. It could be a bloke who thinks he could be an MP one day, spending hours and hours of his life going through 5 year old Facebook posts to try and make trouble.

He should have asked me first. I have it all downloaded and indexed.