Joy Yates a disgrace

Started by The Great Dictator, October 03, 2012, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

In tonights Mail Joy Yates has allowed almost a full page for Drummond to promote himself and the benefits of his well paid job.
I doubt that the NO voters will be given the same coverage in the Mail as given to her special friend ?

mk1

I read it and wondered why he was given such a platform.
He thrashes around blaming eveyone but himself and even compares himself to Cameron and Clegg in order to inflate his position!
I see the marks of hurried re-writing in order to fit in with the Mail's (forced)  turnaround on the Council report. I am quite sure Dumbo had help with his missive-who stepped into the breach?

steveL

Drummond or Mad Marge - what a choice....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

christine blakey

It was not just a page, it was more when you count the front page, the inside pages with Stuart Drummond's views all over the place. 

So biased but it seems that it has been evened out as Stephen Akers-Belcher has spoken out about the Tall Ships etc. 

I hope it will result in a complaint, as it shows that Stephen is of the mind that it was reckless spending?

not4me

It was Christopher actually and at the present time he would say that he'd seen Elvis in Burn Valley if he thought there was a few votes in it for him.

fred c

Hypocritical in the extreme, the labour group had to dragged kicking & screaming into the council chamber to answer the criticism of the Tall Stories & the CEO payrise.

I notice the £4 million spent on the "Useless" Transport Interchange wasn`t mentioned by CAB, but they were very keen to crow about it in the Mail, even going as far as "Putting on a Bus" for the Grand Opening ceremony

To try & abidicate any responsibilty with regards to these major decisons is stretching the publics immagination to far.

If CAB is serious about expecting the public to believe the propaganda in the article, he should  come clean about the true facts & figures regarding the Tall Stories.......... 970,000 visitors.............. £26 Million into the local economy........... MY A**E

steveL

This is all very interesting from CAB, but wouldn't you think if he really believed all of those things he is saying in the Mail write-up that he would be pretty pis*ed off with the man whose idea the elected mayoral system was - a certain Peter Mandelson? Instead, he resorted to slight of hand and the use of 'pink papers' in order to get the very same man made Freeman of the Borough.

There's nothing like consistency  ;D ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.