Great North Run

Started by testing times, September 11, 2016, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Been watching the Great North Run. Obvious that a lot of fun was had and that a great deal of money was raised. Sadly, I am of an age when such things are beyond me but I congratulate all of those who took part. Now I'm going to have a lie down because watching it has left me quite exhausted. :-\

Land Phil

I believe some councillors were taking part.
Any news ?

steveL

If you're talking about Allan Barclay. I believe they threw him out of the first pub he passed at 11pm. He's not expected to finish for another fortnight.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jonathan Brash

Councillors Black and Thompson both completed the race in one piece (mostly!). Two of 14 volunteers raising money for the amazing Hartlepool Families First, of which I'm a very proud trustee.

mk1

Quote from: Jonathan Brash on September 12, 2016, 08: PM
Hartlepool Families First, of which I'm a very proud trustee.

Careful now-some day you may want to deny this fact!

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Great effort by GNR Runners and you still have a dig !   Pathetic

steveL

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on September 12, 2016, 11: PM
Great effort by GNR Runners and you still have a dig !   Pathetic

I think that one went over your head ....as most things seem to.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on September 12, 2016, 11: PM

I think that one went over your head ....as most things seem to.

Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer is he?

I never reply to the attention seeking turd. His attempts at trolling get increasingly desperate with every post.

testing times

Well, well done to everyone of them. The woman in the robotic suit bowled me over. Five days, wit every single step a massive effort. People really can do remarkable things sometimes.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

'....attention seeking turd'.  Love it.  I think I'll use that myself.