Jacksons Landing

Started by testing times, July 14, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

I have read that the council, when they bought the site, did so because they didn't want it to fall into the wrong hands. What they mean by 'the wrong hands', I don't know, but if they do eventually sell it on to a developer, then I see little difference between that and the site belonging to the original owners - so why did they bother?

I think we will eventually end up with the land being leased to someone on a long-term basis, which in essence means that the council has just put us all in debt to he tune of another £1.5 million for no good reason at all.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Heknocks68

How eternally optimistic, just as hope is eternal, so we hope, sadly it would appear all is not with our wellbeing at heart or indeed hart, be it local or from the Wear and certainly not from TVC thats Tees Valley Cleveland, endorsed by our born to lead leaders with eyes obliterated by the fleece that does so unto us. Weekly, Monthly and in the case of the easily accessible annualy, perhaps when all is done, the only option left, will, indeed, be, resign you imbeciles. How can these so called "responsible" my dish dash morons be allowed to, any longer, trustworthy , err means what, and can it be said in the same sentence ,continue,  We have Tory's, local level, who should never be allowed to use the description "Conservative" voting Labour, which is a derogatory term in the groups vocabulary, ie " no Labour/blue cravats could comprehend a full gays employment, by gay I mean, a happy days employment, thats "work" not something au fait to the average Labatory executive member at a fast becoming marginal level. However all this is neglidgible in light of events elsewhere, an 84 year old man of god slaughtered with others, time to close all borders to free people movement. Troops to be recalled to their respective homelands and engage in their main purpose, protect your /our homeland borders. These ramblings probably decree, I am a homophobic racist, so be it, the warning was sounded in my eighth year of existance on this spherical object. Not a lot has been dissproved since.

Inspector Knacker

Parked up down near the Wingfield Castle recently and was appalled at the state of the vessel. If it sank at its moorings they'd have the nerve to say they'd organised it as a diving reef. However, scanning around, with the exception of the historic quay it's all rather banal architecture, a retail park with some soulless flats... Unique in being a marina that doesn't have easy access to the sea.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Alnwickist

When they purchased this carbuncle they had to submit an in depth proposal for there future use. This rejected twice before the proposal was excepted by Schroers.

I have asked before for a copy but been blanked. Be interesting to know what the intended Vision was,then ask why it never happened.

the_exile

I know for a fact that a demolition business based in Middlesbrough "won" the contract to demolish the building a number of years ago!!!!!!

Hopingforbetter

Is it A Buckler Haulage Ltd? Just noticed this spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/z28c3rd

Foggy

I thought it was only going to cost 40 grand, not 80 as that spreadsheet states.  It also appears that it is supposed to start on 1st September.  Hmmm

Someone has also just told me that they heard from someone at the council last year that the plan all along was to demolish JL this year after the music festival.

If this is such a 'sound decision' then why all the secrecy and desperation to avoid questions and debate.

The plot thickens.  ::)

steveL

Row 139 in the spreadsheet.

Interesting that the contract price is given as £80,000 and not £40,000 as we were told.

Also, this spreadsheet lists spending above £500 between Oct 2015 and June 2016 i.e. the contract was already award well before the Regeneration Committee meeting took place last week.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Heknocks68

Do you really,really expect accuracy, come on, accounts, oh dear me, would it be pc to produce such facts? Out of interest, how many tenders have been recieved, demolitionly speaking, oh poo, awkward question. Dismiss imediatley.

Alnwickist

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/funding-approved-for-jacksons-landing-demolition-1-8032523.

All comments removed, so in writing , CAB told a blatant lie, aimed to deceive and mislead . Surely this makes his position as a councilor untenable. He must resign.

stokoe

Quote from: Alnwickist on July 29, 2016, 02: PM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/funding-approved-for-jacksons-landing-demolition-1-8032523.

All comments removed, so in writing , CAB told a blatant lie, aimed to deceive and mislead . Surely this makes his position as a councilor untenable. He must resign.

Lots of good people on here have tried to bring them down,They are the untouchables how they do
It God knows.

kevplumb

i would get on the snail website and read some of the coments before the censor gets in  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Gustaf I of England + BWH

I see that the demolition of Jacksons Landing has already started - plenty of broken windows round the east end, so now the weather can do its business and make the building unsafe. It will then have to be knocked down as a safety measure, renovation being too expensive. Puts me in mind of the way that Tunstall Court was removed from the face of Hartlepool.

The Great Dictator

It needs to go, it is of no use now.