Jacksons Landing

Started by testing times, July 14, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggy

This business about a hotel group being interested seems a little convenient. With two big hotel chains operating from the marina already I would be very surprised if we see another one on the JL site.  ::)

Anyone with half a brain can see that the decision ("sound decision" my a**e Stephen!) to demolish is totally ridiculous. The question is, why are they so determined for this to happen when is goes against all logic? There has got to be something else behind this which I'm sure will become apparent at some stage.

As for Cranney... Well done Paul Thompson for taking a stand again. Unfortunately I can't see the totally inept powers that be doing anything about it as usual. "Great asset"? Lose two little letters off the end of that and we are getting somewhere near reality.

steveL

Denise Ogden did mention a 'national hotel chain' bit it at a very early stage, I think the word used was 'embryonic', and from what I have read elsewhere, we are talking about a relatively small footprint building on the present car park of Jacksons Landing. I agree we must be reaching saturation point on the Hotel front - hotels which are full of contractors, by the way, not tourists. At some point, those who have been running family hotels and bed & breakfast places for years are going to start kicking off about the likes of Premier and Travelodge stealing their business. Both have a place in a growing market but we are not in the position of unlimited growth.

I agree there is a suspicion of something lying behind this sudden plan to demolish Jacksons landing and that it's something to watch.

Personally, tidying up the site, clearing the weeds, repairing the fallen walls and broken windows and even prettying the place up by putting a few flags on the numerous flagpoles would be a far cheaper option. It's fairly easy to make a place look occupied and cancel out any impression of dereliction.

As I have said, anyone wanting to sell a house tidies up the garden and touches up the paintwork before putting it up on the market. what they don't do is leave it to determinate like HBC have done with Jacksons Landing.

They are calling Jacksons Landing 'a monument to failure'. Perhaps they should be thinking about whose failure it is. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Look North Video and SAB talking about the developers (plural) coming forward saying, "we're interested in this site"....total fabrication........ one enquiry said to be in the 'embryonic' stage  from a national hotel chain..... that's it.

https://youtu.be/KbUmgXvcwtQ
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

oh, Christopher, you really shouldn't have been silly enough to say that....... We're preparing Cranney's video CV as I type .....

testing times

Quote from the front page story:

". . . Cranney adjourned the  meeting for 5 minutes in a  huff accusing one member of  the public of being 'a wife  beater' as a parting shot  before leaving the room  . . . this is Hartlepool  Borough Council in 2016"

Quote from Christopher Akers-Belcher in the Hartlepool Mail:

"my deputy is a great asset to the council and an excellent chair of Regeneration Policy Committee, driving forward to realise the ambition our council has for Hartlepool."

Is it possible that we have the most corrupt and dysfunctional council in the UK?

steveL

The council's Spin Department goes into overdrive in a rushed damage limitation exercise.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hotel-plan-being-discussed-for-jacksons-landing-1-8029532

Hartlepudlion

Puzzled. Deja vu?

Was the meeting stopped or adjourned?

Was it only restarted after the objectors had left the room?

Another example of the Council limiting residents participation? Censorship in other words?

steveL

It was adjourned, though Cranney struggled with the terminology and had to be guided by Fred Corbett (every little helps!). In return, Cranney accused Fred of being a' wife -beater'.... now there's gratitude for you! There wasn't a lot of point in staying as the whole meeting was nothing more than a rubber stamp exercise.

Cranney had been exiled to the gulag of the OFCA farm today having been given a pair of HBC issue shades to aid his disguise (although a sock in his mouth would probably have been more effective.) Perhaps the Mrs was running short of horse feed again.

I notice that the 'Hotel for Jacksons Landing' story is given full prominence on the Front Page of the Hartlepool Mail tonight - clearly an emergency phone call from Alistair was required to Joy after the disaster of Cranney's meeting yesterday.

I think it's probably best for the town of Hartlepool if people simply stop buying this prostitute of a newspaper now.

the_exile

hang on a cotton picking moment..........................

t must be true because SAB says so................... NO MONEY HAS BEEN WASTED ON JACKSONS LANDING.

So the 1.5 million cost to purchase land and property

The cost of interest on the loan

The cost of demolition

none of that is wasted money................ because developers are queuing up to buy up a block of concrete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hartlepool deserves so much better, than these semi illiterate losers

fred c

You really couldn`t make this up, staggering, simply staggering

https://www.housinghartlepool.co.uk/page/our-board

I wonder if, the s**t hits the fan a some point, Lying Ste would deny he was a Director ?

steveL

A revisited example of Cranney's aggression of which the number of examples are mounting up.

https://youtu.be/kfZpZgzGcUE

kevplumb

"in the wrong hands jacksons landing could be a drag "

excuse me but it is in the wrong hands if cranney is antwhere near it  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

seaton

Quote from: kevplumb on July 24, 2016, 07: AM
"in the wrong hands jacksons landing could be a drag "

excuse me but it is in the wrong hands if cranney is antwhere near it  ::)

It's been in the wrong hands since the Council bought it !!
I must admit after hearing Cranney speak the letter 'H' couldn't have been in the alphabet at his school.
What Dave Riddle would have probably liked to have said to Cranney is that the 'timings' of the Meetings are deliberately arranged so certain people can't attend them.

admin

ashamedtobebritish

I have every sympathy for Mr Riddle and the many other councilors who live in the real world and go to work for a living then in their spare time attend meetings etc to represent their ward in their duties as a councilor, what people need to understand is that Mr Cranney is unfortunately the monkey that escaped the noose, he has the intelligence of an ape and the gob that spews out the contents of a babies potty almost on a daily basis, fact being is the council have taken out loans and used tax payers money to essentially fund their own business ventures and ime sorry to say this and people may disagree with me but money and Councilor Cranney equals a disaster, his track record speaks volumes and ultimately the Jacksons Landing saga will end up where the site will be cleared and it will end up being sold to the likes of Jomast or John s**n* and Co and earmarked for flats, there is already a hotel ( actually several ) hotels within walking distance of the marina and another one is not necessary, once the site is cleared it will be backhanders galore and the site will be sold for a song leaving the tax payer to foot the bill once again.

We need an independent inquiry into several councilors and their business dealings don't rely on Devlin to follow through with complaints, hes as bad of not worse than the Labour Mob, as for Cranney, this is what happens when you give the apes too many bananas.... They go wild.