Jacksons Landing

Started by testing times, July 14, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Cranney really is the most obnoxious public leech. No one is going to take regeneration seriously while Cranney is Chair and SAB Vice-Chair of the Regeneration Committee. I seriously doubt if, even between them, their joint IQ breaks the 30 barrier required to acknowledge someone is capable of sentient thought.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

Quote from: Alnwickist on July 18, 2016, 10: AM
It's a secured loan, so before they can demolish, that loan must be repaid or the charge of security on the building will not be removed.
Where exactly are they going to find £1.6 m ?.Ray Well's saving account maybe.

The loan would be secured against the value of the land not the building which is only a tin shed.
At least they will save on the cost of Security Guards after it has been demolished.

Land Phil

The tin shed must be worth more as a potential asset to an interested party than the scrap value.
It could always be knocked down quick enough as part of a sale agreement.

How the amateurs get away with such expensive decisions without professional scrutiny is baffling.

I can see no benefit to Hartlepool in HBC's attempt at property speculation.
Therefore that leads me to be suspicious that there was some other motive of self interest from those directly involved in the decision.

Do we have councillors living beyond their visible means of income ?

steveL

I left the meeting after Cranney shut down all further discussion on Jacksons Landing. I told him I was going to check if he had recently set up a demolition company.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

...one staffed by apprentices and volunteers ?

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

Imagine that Jacksons Landing doesn't exist for a minute.

One day, we catch the Mail headline in Morison's which says that a developer has popped up from nowhere with a plan to build a Factory Outlet unit on the same site on the Marina in a building remarkably similar.

The story goes on to tell us of new beginnings and of the tens, if not hundreds, of new jobs that will be created with appropriate quotes from Denise Ogden and Christopher of how the development shows business confidence in the Vision Masterplan is booming and that it's only the start of things to come. We would be told that Factory Outlets are the 'in thing' and given Dalton Park as an example.

Today, we were told that the market has changed, that the Jacksons Landing building is old and not fit for use - and that's really the problem.

Both scenarios are equally possible from a council that is clearly functioning like a blind man in a dark room. No idea oh where it has been, where it wants to go or how it's going to get there. Perhaps none of that really matters so long as the change generates cash from somewhere and that Cranney gets a slice of it.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

fred c

The topic featured on Look North,  but an interview at Jacksons Landing wasn't conducted by Bullyboy Cranney, instead Lying Ste was wheeled out to point out HBC hadn't wasted money on The Big Tin Shed........ He's looking kind of porkie again, maybe he needs to get back into training at the the Domes Gym.

mk1

You got to see Cranney bawling and shouting and then the blob was interviewed at JL using his best helium-induced squeaky voice.
We were told (again) 'several' developers have expressed an interest in the site-its the way he tells them!

steveL

Interesting that Cranney was kept under lock and key and yet the best substitute they could find was handsome Ste and apparently, according to him, developers are lining up which makes me wonder why they didn't mention it at the meeting - well not actually, they admitted that no developers were lining up other than a 'maybe' from a hotel chain that wants to build on the car park.

Silly thing to say, really given that we were also told that developers were lining up when HBC first bought it.

https://youtu.be/DOXB-e1YcPI

mk1

History Man has put some salacious gossip on The Mail comments page.

DRiddle

http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/complaint-made-against-hartlepool-deputy-leader-of-council-following-meeting-1-8029542?ref=BreakingNewsTeesside&utm_medium=facebook#comments-area

A sanitised version of the complaint. Cranney is "an asset". That's not the term I'd have used to describe him. I'd have gone with 'leech' or possibly 'parasite'.

seaton

Ms Ogden now saying they are negotiations with a hotel group, did she mention this at last nights fiasco ?

DRiddle

She did yes, but negotiations were described as being in the "embryonic stage".

Both Cranney and SAB looked extremely confused at that point, I think I even saw one of them quickly googling the word embryonic. ;-)

fred c

Whats the odds, the reason Cranney had another meltdown will be placed fairly & squarely on the heads of myself, steveL & Paul Thompson, I have personnal eperience of the councillor blame game.........the explanation of Lying Ste over a supposed assault in the Masefield Centre was at odds with that of myself & 2 highly respected council officers.

Ironic that he was, even then prone to telling porkies pies & we all know how his last employment ended.