Jacksons Landing

Started by testing times, July 14, 2016, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

I'm told that if I'm more careful about how I recycle I could save the council a pound or two. What's more, the council tell me they are very interested in any ideas I may have to save money. After reading the latest on the front page, I believe it would be very cost effective if the taxpayer funded a one-way trip to Antarctica for the Akers-Belchers, Mr Wells and the rest of the incompetent idiots running this town into the ground.

www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

steveL

Was half expecting something like this. Two ceremonial meetings of the council after the local elections in May, a 40 minute 'let's get this out of the way' meeting last week and not another meeting of the full council until September. The perfect time to try and slip something like this through.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

What a complete bunch of f**kwits, we have controlling Hartlepool, this particular vision will have cost council tax payers around £2million by the time the loan is paid back.

Remind me again who is chair & vice chair of HBC's Regeneration Committee........Ohhhhh yes, Cllrs Cranney & Lying Ste Akers B.

Only in Hartlepool & Only Under the LabTor Mob

Land Phil

where are we going to wait for a ride on the Ferris wheel if they knock it down ?

the_exile

Maybe the concrete footing will act as the base for the giant ferris wheel

steveL

There are a few more details on the as yet unpublished agenda for the meeting on the 22nd:

http://tinyurl.com/z6mnwjr
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

They don't have a buyer for the building; they don't have a buyer for the land but as things stand, they still have two chances to sell it.

So they spend £40.000 demolishing the building - that leaves them just with the land. So if someone did eventually come along with a plan to buy the building it will be too late because now they only have one chance to sell it.

Go figure.

for fawkes sake

I read that Jacksons Landing has stood empty for 10 years, 3 of which have been under council ownership. So I was intrigued how and why the sudden prospect of demolition has sprung from nowhere. I took the time to read the report attached to the agenda for the 22nd July meeting and other than the very thin suggestion that a national hotel group may be interested in building a hotel on part of the site there doesn't seem to be much prospect of any development taking place soon.

Also, the next full council meeting is not due until September 8th, just two days before the We Are Family concert, immediately after which the council says it will begin demolition.

That doesn't leave much time for the matter to be discussed in full council, as it surely should be discussed, so I wonder if some kind soul could find a way to video the Regeneration Services committee meeting on the 22nd July. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have liked to attend this meeting but unlike many councillors, I and many others still have to work for a living.

I'm open to suggestions why this whole matter seems to be so rushed especially when you consider the lethargy surrounding the future of far more derelict buildings such as the Odeon, Longscar and Shades.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

The demolition in itself is not the problem. The purchase of the building is. There was never the remotest possibility the Council could sell it on. Lies were told in order to make it look as if it was a 'bargain'. Now they are telling more lies in order to make it look as if they can now sell it on. Time will tell but the track record shows that the only people who will build there is the council itself in order to save its own face.

steveL

It's worth just giving this another viewing to appreciate how far things have drifted already.

https://youtu.be/li3YK2YNANo

craig finton

I spotted a sound bite from Mr Stubbs where he says 'it's a good building'  Well what does HE know! LOL

Wonder what the real story is behind Damien Wilson's leaving. Was he made a better OFFER

Alnwickist

It's a secured loan, so before they can demolish, that loan must be repaid or the charge of security on the building will not be removed.
Where exactly are they going to find £1.6 m ?.Ray Well's saving account maybe.

DRiddle

I can't believe what I've just witnessed in this meeting today. I'm not even talking about the decision to demolish the building.

Land Phil

I hope it was captured on film.

DRiddle

Potentially by BBC Look North . . .