Sappers Corner

Started by testing times, June 23, 2016, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Serious, possibly fatal accident at Sappers Corner involving a cyclist. Traffic is being re-directed through Greatham

fred c

TT....... I can appreciate you posting news of an accident, but could i suggest that unless you know for sure how serious the accident is, you keep the post to the basic `Theres been an accident`etc etc etc

I only mention this because i was unfortunate enough to be knocked off my bike almost 3 months ago, a young man driving past noticed the fact i was lying very still in the middle of the road, he in turn mentioned to his Dad that he had driven past an accident & it looked as though the chap lying in the road was dead...... the day after i phoned a pal of mine, it was the Dad, he was very pleased to hear that i was still alive...... lol

It hit me a little hard when i read it earlier, my son & grandson are out on their bikes this evening, both of them are road cyclists & my A**e Fell out until i made contact..... once a werrit always a werrit.... unfortunately  :) :)

Hopefully this accident will prove to be less serious than you thought & no one is more badly hurt, than a shaking up.

The Great Dictator

Very sad now that its official, bless his family RIP  :-[

fred c

I feared the worst after reading TT 's post, tragically he has been proven to be righ t about it.

A very sad time for the chaps family & friends, condolences to all.... RIP