In the hands of Imbeciles

Started by steveL, March 14, 2016, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I'm sure everyone is aware of how many council run Cafes HBC has had to close down after running up annual losses from all of them and it won't come as a  surprise to learn that the council has now reneged on Gill Alexander's December promise to publish the accounts of the Inspirations Cafe in Stranton Cemetery 'early in the New Year. Those accounts won't now be made public, if they ever are, until after the local elections in May.

How comforting it must be then to learn that the Finance and Policy Committee has now decided to hand the operation of the Summerhill Cafe over to the blindingly successful Inspirations Cafe turfing out the existing private business in the process and after spending another pile of taxpayers's money in giving the Summerhill Cafe a new 'Scandinavian look'.

We are surely in the hands of imbeciles.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

If HBC had 6 numbers on a lotto ticket they would claim it a success that they recycled it instead of cashing it in.

fred c

I attended an old friends funeral last week, the service was in Stranton Cemetery, driving through the gates, i noticed a Bill Board for the Cafe in the Crem well within the Cemetery Grounds.

Several people mentioned they had noticed it & all felt it was totally disrespectful of the Cafe to display such a sign, but when has showing disrespect to the people of Hartlepool ever bothered this council.

HBC has proven its absolute lack of business acumen on numerous occasions, the demise of various cafes under there control supports the fact they couldn`t run a Free P**s Up in a Brewery.

Not releasing the "Promised Accounts" wouldn`t have a political motive behind it by any chance..... Would It ?

marky

I bet there's some very creative accounting going on at the moment.

Alnwickist

This was sent to me this morning, assuming it was made the present owner.

Quote.  Excuse the language - from Leisa's post re Summerhill  Hartlepool bough council are a pack of f***i*g wankers!! Carl bloody Richardson and Chris Simmons think that I made a huge profit at Summerhill and said that's they council should now get that profit!! You c**k wobbles! Look at my tax return! I made at 21k LOSS! last year! It's on public records!! By all means, you can have a share of that!! Add it to the loss your other cafe inspirations are making that you don't want to public record yet!!  Labour councillors only looking out for themselves!

craig finton

Quote from: Alnwickist on March 15, 2016, 02: PM

Quote.  Excuse the language - from Leisa's post re Summerhill  Hartlepool bough council are a pack of f***i*g wankers!! Carl bloody Richardson and Chris Simmons think that I made a huge profit at Summerhill and said that's they council should now get that profit!! You c**k wobbles! Look at my tax return! I made at 21k LOSS! last year! It's on public records!! By all means, you can have a share of that!! Add it to the loss your other cafe inspirations are making that you don't want to public record yet!!  Labour councillors only looking out for themselves!

from the language, I would guess that she didn't do many kids parties  :o

col87

Quote from: Alnwickist on March 15, 2016, 02: PM

was Cranney busy that day then   

DRiddle

Do you know what I'd do if I was desperate to 'prove' that 'cafe A' wasn't the ridiculous idea every sensible person said it was in the first place?

I'd find ANOTHER similar outlet, 'cafe B', that WAS making money (or maybe even one that wasn't), turf out the current tenants and create a merged 'cafe C'.

Done 'correctly' it would make it very difficult to analyse to true profitability of 'cafe A' because it would be very easy to creatively conflate 'cafe A's finances and accounts with those of 'cafe B'. In creating 'cafe C' you've essentially started a new business and as every good/incompetent business man knows, businesses don't start turning a profit for 5 years. . .

I'll hazard a guess that we'll NEVER see a set of accounts that solely shows the accounts of JUST 'cafe A'.

Land Phil

Hahaha, you have probably just written the business plan they were trying to write.

I see the story is getting universally slated in the fail.

It is doomed as  everything they touch is but reading elegant and rustic in the same sentence just says to me that nobody has a clue.