NAVIGATION POINT FOR SALE - £4.9 MILLION GUIDE

Started by the_exile, September 24, 2015, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_exile

http://www.allsop.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Hartlepool-Navigation-Point-Brochure.pdf

Current rental yield £548,000 per year, a veritable bargain at £4.9 million, how much did Harriman pay for the land etc??????

Alnwickist

Brings in a very interesting point. If this comes in at these figures, property with income in my opinion  it would make Jacksons Landing only worth some 500k.  Potential huge loss.

Would appear that the "VISION" has clouded over very quickly, If not dead in the water.

marky

I can't find anything on-line about this. I would have thought it would be there somewhere - have you a link?

Land Phil

Jackson's Landing is worth what people will pay for it, currently that appears to be nothing.

I wonder why nobody has built homes somewhere around the docks with private moorings.

steveL

I think you'll find that it's the retail units that are for sale and that the apartments are not included. I take this as a sign that the retail 'offer' is failing badly based on the constant turnover of units.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

This place is busy on a weekend but dead during the week and that's because it has never established itself as a 'venue'. Poor marketing combined with poor maintenance of the area along with, dare I say it, a complete lack of 'vision'.

crisstw

Quote from: testing times on September 25, 2015, 10: AM
This place is busy on a weekend but dead during the week and that's because it has never established itself as a 'venue'. Poor marketing combined with poor maintenance of the area along with, dare I say it, a complete lack of 'vision'.

couldn't agree more.

the_exile

Apologies I should have been more specific that is 4.9 million for the ground floor retail units only.

seaton

Quote from: steveL on September 25, 2015, 10: AM
I think you'll find that it's the retail units that are for sale and that the apartments are not included. I take this as a sign that the retail 'offer' is failing badly based on the constant turnover of units.

If you look at the link only the Retail Units are listed. A colleague rented one of the Apartments above the units, think some one, Seymours owns a few of them, available furnished on short term rentals.

marky

All that's happened here is the people who used to go to Church Street on a weekend now go to Navigation Point instead and Church Street is now almost deserted - even on a weekend. Nothing has been added.

I notice the lease for Rosie O'Gradys is up for sale.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/sinking-fast-visitors-slam-shabby-navigation-point-on-hartlepool-marina-1-6502467

WhatTheHeck

This is a claim made in the sales brochure.

'The marina is the focal point for many varied events including the monthly Farmers-market and regularly hosts the Tall Ships Races which attracts almost 1 million visitors over four days.[/color]

Obviously use the same script writers as SAB !

No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

DRiddle

I suppose the obvious thing to be aware of if you WERE inclined to invest £5 million quid on this is the rent breaks.

A significant number of the retailers have options to bail out by around 2020. So while a 10% (ish) yield looks a reasonable return NOW, by 2020 that yield could be a heck of a lot less.

I very much doubt anyone will be prepared to pay anywhere near the asking price.

Land Phil

I see the Snail lived up to its name on this story.

WhatTheHeck

Very strange, just been on the mails comments section, allowed me to create a comment on one subject, no problems.

Tried to reply another poster, included the words, niramax, global energy, seneca, Antropik, it's as if their software has gone into overdrive to block the entry !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !