Wilcox

Started by The Great Dictator, July 01, 2013, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Angie Wilcox was today suspended by the Labour party.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

from a lamp post ?
I don't believe it.

mk1

Far too late.
I presume the Mail will have a photo of one of the fa*tty Belchers trumpeting this as a decisive and swift action!
Be prepared for a  breathtaking re-writing of history..............

fred c

I await a Goebbels style propaganda  campaign by "The Dear Leader & The Mob" telling everyone how promptly they have reacted to the recent court decision.

We will hear about their principles & commitment to the people of Hartlepool, how they are backing a " Living Wage Policy" how they have waited to hear the result of the "Appeal" before taking action against Wilcox etc etc etc.

The Mail will play its part in the attempted sanitisation of the Wilcox / MRA / WC(N/E) debacle of course, but the fact is, The Cat Is Out Of The Bag........... no one will believe a word our "Dear Leader" says.

Brown sword

If this is true then it's far too late for the Akers-Belchers to escape with their credibility intact. That's if there was much credibility there to start with.

Hartlepudlion

Only suspended! We're not Hargreaves and Brash expelled?

Inspector Knacker

What a coincidence, I'm reading about Stalin's purges and his habit of airbrushing out photographs of those who 'fell by the way'.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

SAB is refusing to resign as a Trustee saying that 'he won't turn his back on MR".

Please do, Stephen -they can't take much more of your 'ensuring the proper management' of the organisation.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

They won't sack her, she knows too much about the other recipients of our £640,000.

She will continue and be de-selected at the next election with dignity.

testing times

This can only be a first step. The Trustees have no credibility at all.

marky

This looks to me like the suspension only came about after the intervention of Labour north. Weren't Brash and Hargreaves suspended more or less immediately by the local group without any such intervention?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Speaking earlier in the day, Coun Wilcox said: "At the employment tribunal I was acting in my capacity as manager of Manor Residents' Association and not as a councillor.

...did Ged give her that lame line to pedal ?

"I am not going to resign until the residents of Manor House ward ask me to.

...wouldn't resigning and then standing for re-election confirm if she is wanted or not ?
I don't believe it.

fred c

(1) Trustees have and must accept ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of a charity, and ensuring that it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the charitable outcomes for the benefit of the public for which it has been set up. - See more at: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/publications/cc3.aspx#d

What part of the above does "The Consort" & Cllr Beck not understand ???

(1) Trustees have and must accept ultimate responsibility - See more at: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/publications/cc3.aspx#d

I have reduced the length of the Quote to make it easier for them to understand what is expected of a Trustee  ??? ??? ???

You don`t have to go into a bank with a gun & demand the money in the safe to be called a bank robber, you can be outside revving the getaway cars engine. ;) ;) ;)

brassed off monkey

If the figures quoted below are correct it is the equivalent of the ratepayers of Hartlepool giving 100 kids £521 each, Just what do organisations like Manor Residents do for the money its costing us ?

Coun Akers-Belcher said if funding was suspended it would impact on 100 young people using the after school and breakfast clubs.

An audit showed the association had a total income of about £443,000 between April 2012 and this January, with £52,121.99 council funding.

Another quote from the Mails article by S Akers Belcher

Coun Stephen Akers-Belcher said: "This is a turbulent time and there needs to be strong leadership on the board.

"I am in this for the long haul as Manor Residents' Association provides a fantastic service to local residents.

"It represents a large part of the ward I represent and I won't be turning my back on them."

There are a several questons that need to be asked of SAB about the above comments.

Where for Instance has been the "Strong Leadership" on the finances of Manor Residents since he became a Trustee ?

Why as a Trustee did he turn his back on Mrs Gooding & the other members of staff that are taking MRA to an Industrial Tribunal ? or aren`t they a part of "His Community"

Why as a Trustee has he allowed such a Nepotistical system of employing staff to be so blantantly rampant ?

No wonder the town is a laughing stock, but people are beginning to realise exactly what they are getting for their money, & with "The Mob" its not a lot.

mk1

Coun Akers-Belcher said if funding was suspended it would impact on 100 young people using the after school and breakfast clubs

I think he is more concerned about the impact on the Rolex wearing 4x4 driving 'child' of his dear friend Angie Wilcox.