Radio Tees Interviews and the Local Plan

Started by admin, May 25, 2014, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

PRESS RELEASE

CONSULTATION gets under way today (Friday 23 May) as Hartlepool Council starts the process to produce a new Local Plan for the town.

It follows the decision by the Council to withdraw the draft Local Plan last October after councillors felt that it didn't meet the needs and aspirations of the local community.

In particular, councillors voiced concerns over a proposed gypsy and traveller site and vowed to revisit the issue to determine whether there is sufficient need and demand to provide a site at all.

The first step in producing the new Local Plan is to seek people's views on the 'Issues and Options' consultation document which will help shape the new Local Plan.

Consultation runs until 18 July and a special launch drop-in event for the local community will take place at Hartlepool's Maritime Experience on Wednesday 28 May from 2.30pm to 7pm.

Agreement to consult was recently given the green light by the Council's Regeneration Services Committee. The report from Damien Wilson, the Council's Assistant Director (Regeneration) said: "The 'Issues and Options' stage is the first step in the production of a new Local Plan for Hartlepool.

"The aim of this stage is to seek public thoughts and open the debate on what kind of place residents, businesses and all other stakeholders want Hartlepool to be in the future. Specifically it will focus on the most appropriate locations for development to occur over the next 15 years."

The 'Issues and Options' document sets out strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats which need to be considered in the production of a new Local Plan for the Borough and it also makes links to the Hartlepool Vision which the Council launched recently.

Hartlepool Council will also be consulting the business community and all key organisations before producing a 'Preferred Options' document in early 2015 which will be the first draft of the new Local Plan. The final Local Plan is expected to be adopted in 2016

Copies of the consultation document can be obtained from the Civic Centre, all libraries and via

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=108

The Council will also be using Hartbeat, Facebook and Twitter to promote the consultation as well as displays in the shopping centre and supermarkets.

For further information, contact Tom Britcliffe at Hartlepool Council on 01429 523532.

the_exile

Hmmmmmmmmm

a few points from this:

- How does this tie in with the timeframe given by the gorgeous one, or was it the dreary leader?

- So it was the Gypsy site that caused the cancellation of the last plan ;-)

- This comes out days AFTER the local elections coincidence?

- Do we have any costings for the production of this new improved Akers-Belcher plan?

Howay man the town NEEDS better than what it has at the helm now................................

Finally wonder if the Ferris Wheel will fall under the "buy Local" scheme, another contract for any budding big wheel builders.

Inspector Knacker

So........ ' councillors felt it didn't meet the needs and aspirations of the local community'....and how would they know just what our hopes and aspirations are.....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 27, 2014, 02: PM
So........ ' councillors felt it didn't meet the needs and aspirations of the local community'....and how would they know just what our hopes and aspirations are.....?

Because they are prescient  human beings. The automatically know exactly what  a contributer to their favourite charidee expects the public need.

fred c

I popped into the "Public Session" this afternoon, not many people there, hopefully a lot more will call in to see the detailed maps & speak to the planning officers in attendance.

Interesting point though was the presentation for Invited Guests.

11.30 - 12.00 Registration & Coffee

12.05 - 12.10 Opening Speech by The Leader of The Council

12.10 - 12.30 Presentation of Local plan & Issues & Options Consultation Document by the Planning Team.

12.30 - 13.00 Questions from the Floor

13.00 - 1400 Working Lunch.

14.30 - 19.00 Event Open to the Public.

Typical of "The Dear Leader & The Mob", the "Cheeky Tw*ts" are prepared to answer questions from the floor from "Land Owners & Developers" But they aren`t prepared to answer Questions asked by members of the public at a Full Council Meeting.

The most interesting Map as far as most of us are concerned would be the Map detailing land available for possible development, there are whole swaths of land all around the town that, if even 50% of them are granted the geography of the town will be altered beyond recognition.

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The Mob.

fred c

Radio Tees are supposed to be discussing The Hartlepool Vision on the radio tomorrow apparently, not sure of the time but i think it is in the am.

TSteels

Hear that Cllr Brash may be on just after 7am.

DRiddle

Fred, I'd say anyone who owns their own home in Hartlepool (even mortgaged) is a landowner. I own the land my house sits on (along with the bank). We all do. You should have asked away and just said "I own land, or is there stipulation as to HOW MUCH land you have to own to be classed as a land owner?"

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on May 28, 2014, 05: PM
Fred, I'd say anyone who owns their own home in Hartlepool (even mortgaged) is a landowner. I own the land my house sits on (along with the bank). We all do. You should have asked away and just said "I own land, or is there stipulation as to HOW MUCH land you have to own to be classed as a land owner?"

Dave.. I may have given the wrong impression, the Question Session was this morning for Developers, Councilors, I believe the Parish Councils were invited as well + i also believe Business people were there.

I called in this afty & i spoke to a couple of the Planning Officers who did a very good job of explaining what the whole process involves, very interesting stuff.

fred c

Will try & catch that, but hopefully someone can post the Link to the relevant bits............. I cannot imagine "The Deary Me Leader" not having his say on his Visionary Delusions for the town....... I wonder if he will bring up the Ferris Wheel & The International Space Terminal. lol

Lord Elpus

Brash was spot on, on BBC TEES this morning, CAB will reply after 8-00am.  This is a gift for any interviewer worth their salt, CAB could well be in deep shight.

Lord Elpus

I've just listened to CAB, (BBC TEES)  the last thing Hartlepool needs is this man in charge of our future.  His argument that ditching the local plan was to stop unwanted development in areas like Quarry Farm and Tunstall farm is exactly what has happened through his gross incompetence

steveL

Someone needs to tell this guy that every time the public hears his voice another 50 Labour voters disappear.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 29, 2014, 07: AM
Brash was spot on, on BBC TEES this morning, CAB will reply after 8-00am.  This is a gift for any interviewer worth their salt, CAB could well be in deep shight.

I gather The Mail have been told to 'back off' on this story.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/wynyard%20deal.htm
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

did anyone notice Akers-Belcher saying that the reason they scrapped to local plan was to prevent development on green field sites?