Cash point fraud

Started by notinshadow, April 20, 2012, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notinshadow

9 cash points in the town have been hit by the fraudsters, grabbing details to clone cards and nick your pennies.

Two Sainsbury's Expresses..B.C. and Murray St.

Tesco express at Throston and I think Fens..

Plus others around the town..

codheadless

also shell warren petrol station and the machine in the hospital entrance, i thought there must be something wrong with the sainsburys at bishop cuthbert as i was only half way through typing in my pin when it gave me options to withdraw money or see balance, i asked for £40 and it replied "this service not available".
but dont worry as it says in tonights mail that crime is down so we'll be ok.

dangerman

My the money and  daughters card was cloned and wiped her and her husbands bank account. The bank have reimbursed all of the money.

The bank have advised NOT TO USE OUTSIDE CASH MACHINES The device used is placed in the machine you put in your PIN and type in how much cash you want. when you walk away they watch retrieve the device along with your money.

It's a scam that has being going on for over a year, it's no good covering you PIN either. Use the cash machine inside & not the one on the wall.

MkI

Quote from: dangerman on April 20, 2012, 07: AM
Use the cash machine inside & not the one on the wall.

Inside where?

Inside the places listed above?  I didn't know that there were any there?

The Shadow

ATM fraud is a serious problem. Personally I don't trust the banks, their cash machines or anyone really, which is why I keep all of my money in our vault. I can often be heard singing 'Life is like a hurricane..." As I check my balance.

mk1

I note the 'soon to be weakly (sic)'  Mail made a special effort to kill this story tonight. Seems they relish the idea of pointing out a certain sites errors whilst ignoring they way they were done over by Ray Well's Shadow.
The story itself has been on The Bunker for a while now but strangely it was only after it was brought over here that the Mail decided to get involved...........

notinshadow

My mrs works for a water company ( not Hartlepool Water) and they all received a email from head office in Lincoln..I don't think they read the Bunker but listen to the advice of other..like the police.