A Stitch Up

Started by fred c, May 02, 2013, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Calm down Steve x

Lets have a conversation about proportionality shall we, Steve?

Devlin suggested that the positions for the fire authority should be taken up by an Independent or PHF. PHF I can understand, they are the largest opposition party. Independents however should not be classed as one group; remember Steve Allisons explanation as to why PHF was created? So that independents could be classed as one group rather than the 1+1+1+1 situation which had always been the case.

So actually, the positions should really have been taken up by a PHF Cllr and a Tory Cllr. The votes should have been SAB against Lilley, Wells against Fisher. In that scenario if SAB had been voted in over Lilley, the latter would have had a firm and justifiable reason to lodge an appeal.

You are obviously upset, Steve, but it's quite pathetic really. If you applied half as much thought and logic to decisions that involve Cllr Wells (and the tories) as you did on your witch hunts we'd have much better discussions you and I.

Then again, you may just enjoy focusing your thoughts towards Ray ;)

SRMoore

Ohh and why did PHF give up a position on Audit and Governance? It seems strange that PHF would give up a seat on the committee that would allow them to scrutinise things...

steveL

I'm not arguing with you Shane. As I see it, there's no difference between a Tory sheep, like you, and a Labour sheep - you're both still sheep and you're both self-interest before town.

As I said, if you're proud of what you witnessed tonight then you and your party deserve to be the irrelevance that you are in Hartlepool.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Over the years i have observed this Obvious Phenomena many times........................

If a Dog Rolls in S**t................ It always Sticks to its Coat.

SRMoore

Ignoring the facts presented to you when they don't suit your argument. Becoming a predictable trait of yours, Steve.

I'm a man of actions when it comes to representing this town, not just a keyboard warrior. If you don't like following up your words with actions then I believe politics may not be the role for you.

TSteels

So are we saying that the Tories backed Labour on everything?

Are you proud of that Shane?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Shane sweetie, isn't action man a ghastly, quasi-military plastic toy?

SRMoore

Quote from: TSteels on May 02, 2013, 09: PM
So are we saying that the Tories backed Labour on everything?

Are you proud of that Shane?

No, they didn't. They also backed PHF despite but Steve wants to ignore that and you prefer to ignore my previous post.

But you guys just continue to ignore the facts and glass over PHF's faults. What were you saying about party sheep?

steveL

For the record, Wells walked up to Geoff last week and announced that he was going to support Geoff as Chair of Audit. There was no arrangement and, given that Wells two votes would make no difference whatsoever, no interest from Geoff in having a conversation with Wells at all.

As usual, and just like the story you came up with that Paul Mitch had left PHF you propagate rubbish that you'd like to be true but isn't true at all.

Just to give you a heads up for once, Wells approached Geoff after the meeting tonight with a fascinating 'let's work together' angle. I'll leave you to make up Geoff's reply if you want - you seem to like that - but as a clue I can tell you that it involved a lot of 'f's 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

Wrong again on all three counts, Steve.

1. An agreement was made between Geoff and Ray in a round table discussion that Geoff would back out of going for vice-chair of planning in return for Conservative support for Lilley to get Chair of Audit & Governance.

2. I never said Paul Mitch left PHF. I asked you to explain why he was kicking up such a fuss and was unhappy.

3. Rays asked Geoff "do you intend to appeal against the fire authority position?", Geoff replied "get out of my face before I f*cking punch you" he then (I hope unintentional) decided to shoot out of his parking space towards me with his engine revving high.

Now, why did PHF give up a seat on Audit & Governance? A seat which would have allowed them se see and question what was going on?

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on May 02, 2013, 10: PM

Geoff ...............he then (I hope unintentional) decided to shoot out of his parking space towards me with his engine revving high.

Not one of Ray's star pupils then?

steveL

You're telling me I'm wrong because ray has told you otherwise...that's pretty much the source of your problem and why further discussion is a bit pointless.

oh and here's the quote that you never said:

Quote from: SRMoore on April 03, 2013, 04: PM
Aww come on Steve. You can talk about supposed problems with the labour or conservative party's but when it come to admitting that things aren't all as rose coloured as you like to portray in PHF you get personal and spit your dummy out.
Why has Paul Mitchenson left the party? Why has Alec Gough quit as chairman after only being so for less than a year? I could go on...

Now I'll get back to actions in trying to make this town a better place as opposes to solely being a keyboard warrior. X

SRMoore

Ok I concede that I had said that. I must have typed that in haste as I knew he'd only kicked off and not left. My point of that discussion still stands, things aren't as Rosie as you like to make out.

As for the other two, ask Geoff (your only source of info) and anybody else who was present at the round table discussion as the agreement was no secret.

And as for the whole tiff and threats, think about this for a moment... I was nearly hit by his car, kind of gives a clue as to where my source came from.

Now, why did PHF give up a seat on Audit & Governance? A seat which would have allowed them to see and question what was going on?

fred c

I am coming round to thinking the way S Allison thinks, why participate in anything that "The Mob" orchestrate, by sitting on one of their Sham Committees it amounts to you being Guilty by Association.

By not giving their Committee System credibility, a councillor can concentrate on representing his ward constituents, & also keep them informed about what goes on within the Snake Pit.

If you want an example of Collusion by association you need look no further the ToryLab party.

beanzontoast

It all just goes to show, be careful who you vote for you all voted Labour back in you should be proud of yourselves
Remember the old saying ( those who keep voting for the same party will get the same results ) and you do.
All political part`s must change and they do like premier league football teams need to get better players to win the championship, the difference with political party`s is that they must not let at any costs, the people who vote for them know find out, it is nothing less than a battle, a battle for Britain, wake up Hartlepool or be swallowed in your own dogma.