Disconnect Complete

Started by testing times, November 18, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Can I just say that I agree completely with your front page story. Faced with the goings on at Cleveland Police, a Hospital Trust uninterested in the wishes of the public and a council pre-occupied with self-interest, it's little wonder that 82% of the electorate no longer see any point in voting. And this just days after we remembered those who fought for our freedom.
The disconnect between the decision makers and the public is now virtually complete and given that a 10% vote can now win you 100% of the power, I'm sure this will suit the politicians fine.

marky

The UK is the world's biggest fake democracy. All we have is a vote which comes with the illusion that it actually means something. The public in Hartlepool have cottoned on to the fact that it doesn't and that the people making the decisions will do whatever they want anyway.
We can only hope that last Thursday's 18% turnout marked the bottom of the trough and with the self-serving Polit Buro about to take full charge there is some are reason to be optimistic.