SLP footnote.

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 03, 2019, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 03, 2019, 05: PM
so let's all vote conservative?

Can't really see that happening in Hartlepool. Anyway, we all know that Mr Cranney will win a landslide victory ... ;D

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on December 03, 2019, 05: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 03, 2019, 05: PM
I know, but that's of no concern to me, Hill will be gone.

If he looses Hill will not 'be gone'.  He lives in Hartlepool. If Tice looses I can 100% guarantee he will never set foot in Hartlepool again in his entire life.
I guess what you are saying is there is a new snake-oil salesman in town and you will give his medicine a try in the full knowledge that his promises are just as hollow as the last carpetbagger.
It is good to see people of Hartlepool still strive and  'aim for the stars'.
Unless local, which prospective MP has hung around? They all ride out of town on the horse they rode in on. Your obsessive fear of the Brexit Party winning is showing.
Hill tops my list as the most ineffective MP ever. That's why I want rid of him. You appear to see his good points, best of luck because you can see something most people in this town can't. I'd rather see Cranney elected for the comedy value, that's how useless he is.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 03, 2019, 06: PM
. Your obsessive fear of the Brexit Party winning is showing.

'Winning'?
Winning what?
4th prize in   a 3 horse race?

Inspector Knacker

Yet another table no one cares about.
I don't care who wins as long as it's not Hickory Hill. So your shambling Brexit baiting is wide of the mark.

diSme

Yeah, exactly.

I'm not sure what you're expecting average Joe to do. Average Joe in Hartlepool clearly wants to leave the EU, so labour are out of the picture. And I think people generally know that the Tories will do bugger all for the town. SLP are just a joke. And I think the town will be wary of voting for anyone claiming to be independent after recent events....

We're not exactly spoilt for choice are we, but the above basically outlines my decision making process, and I am an average Joe.
I believe everything and nothing

akarjl2

same here but a vote for Tory is one vote reduction of Labours potential majority......alternative is deface vote card i might do that or not even bother voting
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 03, 2019, 07: PM
same here but a vote for Tory is one vote reduction of Labours potential majority.
That doesn't make sense.

akarjl2

Sorry too many sherbets ......I would rather give a vote to the conservatives thereby taking a vote away from Labour/Brexit......I would never vote for LDP as they are remainers.....but I will probably just rip my voting card up.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 03, 2019, 09: PM
Sorry too many sherbets ......I would rather give a vote to the conservatives thereby taking a vote away from Labour/Brexit......I would never vote for LDP as they are remainers.....but I will probably just rip my voting card up.
You must vote, no matter who you vote for, too many people had to fight for it.

akarjl2

Until it is a legal requirement that you must vote.....I can do whatever I please.....and will ;) Card in the bin......

Inspector Knacker

What's the point, if you don't vote you can't complain afterwards.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 03, 2019, 10: PM
What's the point, if you don't vote you can't complain afterwards.

All parties are ignoring some major issues affecting us all therefore they do not deserve a vote =System is broken therefore I can and will...

Inspector Knacker

I agree, but imagine you're on a sinking ship. The first job is to secure the leak above all else to stop the inrush of water. Our problem is we keep voting in Labour and the water keeps rising. Seal the leak and then see what else needs sorting to get the ship underway because we're rudderless, sinking and adrift as a town.

Sanddancer

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 03, 2019, 06: PM

Can't really see that happening in Hartlepool. Anyway, we all know that Mr Cranney will win a landslide victory ... ;D
Why do I have an image in my mind of a bare bum and Binns' window?
Apologies to the youngsters who have never heard of Binns!

kevplumb

Quote from: Sanddancer on December 04, 2019, 10: AM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 03, 2019, 06: PM

Why do I have an image in my mind of a bare bum and Binns' window?
Apologies to the youngsters who have never heard of Binns!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment