Dave Hunter

Started by jeffh, December 16, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I'm hearing from a well placed Labour source that the six who voted against CAB (and for Dave) were Dave H, Paddy, Lesley, Brenda, Carl and loadsamoney lindridge.

Dr Pothole didn't turn up and all of the others voted for CAB.

People need to make sure there are certain names in the 11 who by 2020 never again walk the corridors of the civic centre.

Vote them out.

jawsbbc

Quote from: DRiddle on December 18, 2018, 08: PM
I'm hearing from a well placed Labour source that the six who voted against CAB (and for Dave) were Dave H, Paddy, Lesley, Brenda, Carl and loadsamoney lindridge.

Dr Pothole didn't turn up and all of the others voted for CAB.

People need to make sure there are certain names in the 11 who by 2020 never again walk the corridors of the civic centre.

Vote them out.
CAB, SAB, mammy belcher, Jean Robinson, mad dog, Cranney, Steve Thomas, Barclay, cook, trueman and Marshall.

Heknocks68

Jose Mourihnio got the sack for being s....t, whats the difference

Inspector Knacker

After reading the piece in the Mail, Hunter came across as deferential to the Dear Leader and for me that rules him out of running anything. This jaded column of the unelectables shuffles on and we now know the Party is toothless to implement change, assuming they actually wanted change and this wasn't for effect. I've never heard of a coup where the ones wanting power meekly signal those about to be deposed that it's just an theoretical exercise in democracy and don't ecpect to take over.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Does this now mean that CAB has lost his whip?

If we are to believe the 7 councillors, who voted against CAB, did so with the town's interest at heart we can now expect them to vote accordingly in the Council Chamber.

The split in the chamber would now be 11 CABs plus 3 Conservatives - giving 14 against 19 others, so this would be the time for the Independents to table motions to bring back democracy to the town.

DRiddle

QuoteDoes this now mean that CAB has lost his whip?

I think he did yes, but then Stephen found it in the bottom of the wardrobe . . .

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on December 19, 2018, 07: AM
Does this now mean that CAB has lost his whip?

If we are to believe the 7 councillors, who voted against CAB, did so with the town's interest at heart we can now expect them to vote accordingly in the Council Chamber.

The split in the chamber would now be 11 CABs plus 3 Conservatives - giving 14 against 19 others, so this would be the time for the Independents to table motions to bring back democracy to the town.
When the dog whistle's blown they'll come to heel at the trainers knee.

fred c

"Party before Town" and its residents everytime, no ifs, no buts everytime......Lets see what The Member does if the call comes for a second referendum on Brexit.

Inspector Knacker

Itwas convenient for him last time, that two opposites aligned. That was a one off. Interesting times lay ahead.

DRiddle

Quote"Party before Town" and its residents everytime, no ifs, no buts everytime......Lets see what The Member does if the call comes for a second referendum on Brexit.

It's almost inevitable that Labour nationally will move to support a second referendum. If they think they have the numbers they might allow certain MPs a free vote to appease constituents in areas with high leave votes (like Hartlepool). But if they go three line whip and as a party block vote for a second referendum, i imagine Mike Hill will do what he's told to do.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on December 19, 2018, 12: PM, i imagine Mike Hill will do what he's told to do.
Has he ever done anything else?

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on December 19, 2018, 12: PM
Quote"Party before Town" and its residents everytime, no ifs, no buts everytime......Lets see what The Member does if the call comes for a second referendum on Brexit.

It's almost inevitable that Labour nationally will move to support a second referendum.
Corbyn is a die-hard Brexiteer. He will only agree to a vote if he believes it delivers some electoral advantage. It is not a matter of principle to him but he will do or say anything to get a shot at No.10.