Dave Hunter

Started by jeffh, December 16, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disgruntled voter

Quote from: DRiddle on December 17, 2018, 08: PM
I don't think it's as simple as 'get rid of the Akers-Belchers, Cranney etc' and all of a sudden 'all is well'. They've done untold damage to both Labour and the council as a whole.

There DOES need to be a forensic financial investigation facilitated by an new occupants of the 'power positions' within HBC.

Whether that power is occupied by Labour or other groups, it needs to happen. Either to fully refresh a tarnished Labour Party in Hartlepool, or bury them for a generation.

Both sides of the chamber need to push for it.

Does HBC use the services of an external auditor to check financial procedures etc  are being adhered to ? Such as checking invitations to tenders are managed ethically and with integrity .......To make sure councilors are not awarding themselves contracts or moving money between alleged charities and personal companies of the same name......

jeffh

Quote from: Disgruntled voter on December 18, 2018, 01: PM
Quote from: DRiddle on December 17, 2018, 08: PM
I don't think it's as simple as 'get rid of the Akers-Belchers, Cranney etc' and all of a sudden 'all is well'. They've done untold damage to both Labour and the council as a whole.

There DOES need to be a forensic financial investigation facilitated by an new occupants of the 'power positions' within HBC.

Whether that power is occupied by Labour or other groups, it needs to happen. Either to fully refresh a tarnished Labour Party in Hartlepool, or bury them for a generation.

Both sides of the chamber need to push for it.

Does HBC use the services of an external auditor to check financial procedures etc  are being adhered to ? Such as checking invitations to tenders are managed ethically and with integrity .......To make sure councilors are not awarding themselves contracts or moving money between alleged charities and personal companies of the same name......

In the words of ex-councillor Martin-Wells they have robust procedures in place via Audit & Governance to ensure there is no impropriety - since then he stood down from the chair of the Audit & Governance Committee and disappeared - I'm sure Brenda Loynes will be running a tight ship.

fred c

We only need to look at the MRA scandal.....there was bucket loads of information out there and instead of freezing all of MRA's assets and financial records they gave them several months to put things right.....Where were Audit and Governance then, or come to that matter there were 2 Trustees both labour councillors, both bailed out before any court appearances.

Did anyone, either senior councillors or senior officers question the awarding of £680,000 to Who Cares Northeast and even more of a mystery was the awarding of a further wodge of cash to the same WCN 12 months later.

There was also the awarding of another grant funded contract that didn't conform to HBC's contract protocols....2 years accounts etc etc if memory serves, it was for a £130,000......I can't for the life of me think who it was awarded to ?

As Dave Riddle says......A full forensic investigation is needed by whoever takes the reins and speaking personally, I don't think the cost of such an investigation should come into it.

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on December 18, 2018, 05: PM
We only need to look at the MRA scandal.....there was bucket loads of information out there and instead of freezing all of MRA's assets and financial records they gave them several months to put things right.....Where were Audit and Governance then, or come to that matter there were 2 Trustees both labour councillors, both bailed out before any court appearances.

Did anyone, either senior councillors or senior officers question the awarding of £680,000 to Who Cares Northeast and even more of a mystery was the awarding of a further wodge of cash to the same WCN 12 months later.

There was also the awarding of another grant-funded contract that didn't conform to HBC's contract protocols....2 years accounts etc etc if memory serves, it was for a £130,000......I can't for the life of me think who it was awarded to?

As Dave Riddle says......A full forensic investigation is needed by whoever takes the reins and speaking personally, I don't think the cost of such an investigation should come into it.
spot on Fred if they manage to hold on for a year it will be ar$e covering time
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

DRiddle

Jeepers, he seems to have lost a fair bit of weight if that photo is anything to go by.

Where his other half routinely looks like he's been drinking Dolmio straight from the jar, Chwissy looks like he's been on the Russian takeaways. . .

Must be the stress of knowing you're likely to be remembered as the man who was at the wheel when the council went bankrupt.

Inspector Knacker

After reading that, is he for real?
He states he doesn't expect to win and he isn't challenging Christopher.
Then what's it all about, jolly jousting?
I really can't take this seriously. Odds now on for a seamless transition of power on a mutually agreed date?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

stokoe

Say nowt and there's a backhander to go quiet.

Land Phil

Half of CABs face looks worried.
The other half looks bemused.

A total farce, Labour is not the answer.

DRiddle

CAB has won by 11 votes to 6. Roll on bankruptcy and the death of local Labour.

Inspector Knacker

DRiddle

Will have the names in a few minutes.

jeffh

Quote from: DRiddle on December 18, 2018, 07: PM
CAB has won by 11 votes to 6. Roll on bankruptcy and the death of local Labour.
According to the Mail it was a secret ballot, but I should imagine the 11 will be
CAB
SAB
Belcher
Cranney
James
Barclay
Thomas
Lindridge
Cook
Truman
Marshall

Inspector Knacker

I wonder if we could get Louis Theroux to do a programme on this?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 18, 2018, 07: PM
I wonder if we could get Louis Theroux to do a programme on this?

;D