Church Street debacle

Started by grim reaper, July 24, 2018, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

As posters were not 100% supportive of the purchase they have deleted the linked  thread in the previous posts.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on July 26, 2018, 08: PM
As posters were not 100% supportive of the purchase they have deleted the linked  thread in the previous posts.

Curiouser & curiouser ...

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on July 26, 2018, 02: PM
Yep, just been confirmed by CAB, purchased with support of 300k from TVCA. No mention of the full purchase price.
£300,000? I'd want £300,000 off them to take it off their hands! If TVCA want to give out this sort of money, I could suggest it's spent on something far more worthwhile than another whimsical vanity project.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Heknocks68

Why, why do this recur, you know what will prevail prior to the cut and paste predictions ( designers) Come on, we are not talking the science of rockets here. The new layout is fantastic, very much in keeping with the vision or visions, in so much as the waves are not just at sea but underfoot, totally in keeping with the ambeiance, seagul s**t, roof top s**t, all in all it shows up well. Meanwhile, cast a sideways glance down the side streets off the star attraction with the blinding spotlights to highlight safety awareness. Note the prevailing gardens of babylon sprouting forth with gay abandon. Cant wait for the ensueing downpour that will inevitably lead to localised flooding despite the cyclicle attention to gulleys been cleaned and readied! Flower and fawna eminating at liberty. We simply have not the resource, but certain establishments have no such problems when flooded or toasted and the books well and trually cooked!!

Johnny Bongo

The van is already being loaded up with tables & chairs, catering equipment and of course, (nearly) new carpets. A quick lick of paint and Bob's your uncle. The van being the same one that took away the gear from Inspirations Cafe! I wonder where the dishwasher went?  Shady's will make a fortune (for someone) at Christmas!

Inspector Knacker

I still want to know how TVCA can cough up £300.000 for this. Was it approved by full council ? how long has the process taken ?Oh, and who was the driving force behind this?
Is this governance by whim?

fred c

So that's £615,000 pounds on 2 buildings on Vision Street...........

£315,000 on the block of flats next door to the old Yorkshire Bank.

£300,000 on the delapilated Shades Pub.

Both need refurbishing, apparently the flats are going to be student accommodation so will need to be of a good standard.... Looking at the Shades however, the cost of doing the whole building up as a pub ? Is likely to be astronomical, both inside and out are in a right state.....Will it be another contractor doing the work, if so any bets on who it might be ?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Could it be anything else other than more student accommodation.
Nothing else pays does it  ?

Only other thought is move some officers into it as an excuse for it having a purpose
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on July 27, 2018, 12: PM
So that's £615,000 pounds on 2 buildings on Vision Street...........

£315,000 on the block of flats next door to the old Yorkshire Bank.

£300,000 on the delapilated Shades Pub.

Both need refurbishing, apparently the flats are going to be student accommodation so will need to be of a good standard.... Looking at the Shades however, the cost of doing the whole building up as a pub ? Is likely to be astronomical, both inside and out are in a right state.....Will it be another contractor doing the work, if so any bets on who it might be ?
when was cost ever a problem?

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 27, 2018, 05: AM
I still want to know how TVCA can cough up £300.000 for this. Was it approved by full council ? how long has the process taken ?Oh, and who was the driving force behind this?

there's a rabbit off here
nobody hears a thing till it's too late
has the scabs and crannies sticky paw prints all over it  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: kevplumb on July 27, 2018, 02: PM

On one of the since deleted post's, a prominent member Hartlepool Labour replied to a post, intimating that negotiations had been ongoing for a year.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

fred c

Quote from: WhatTheHeck on July 27, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: kevplumb on July 27, 2018, 02: PM

On one of the since deleted post's, a prominent member Hartlepool Labour replied to a post, intimating that negotiations had been ongoing for a year.

I remember having a conversation with a councillor going back 12 months, and he mentioned then that a sample of the vitreous bricks on the shades had been sent away to look at the viability of getting the same brick.......obviously in the councils mind even then........Lets call a spade a shovel here, 'If the LabMobs Vision for Church Street hadn't got the go ahead, the Shades would be worth the square root of FA.

Inspector Knacker

Surely the more sensible approach would have been to buy the property prior to announcing the redevelopment of the street, if you were determined to buy it?
A derelict house in a derelict street is always cheaper than a derelict house in a shiney new street.