Non Partisan Labour Party (NPLP)

Started by jeffh, June 27, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riqueti

Quote from: danny_boy on June 27, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: Riqueti on June 27, 2017, 07: PM
Nope, wrong again Mr Latimer. Please don't be making accusationary comments like that. It's not clever.

My posting history is there for all to see. Nothing to hide

What Steve thinks is his own business. Frankly, I'm not in the mood to chance it.

Thanks. I'm obviously doing something to annoy people, not sure what exactly. I must just have that effect on people.

Username

I read the thread the picture was linked to, that's where I gained my information as I like to look at as much information as I can before commenting or making a decision.

Swift return? I've not been registered on this forum before I don't think. I did join the facebook group a few years back but I'm not in there now.

Riqueti

Quote from: danny_boy on June 27, 2017, 08: PM
Quote from: Riqueti on June 27, 2017, 07: PM
Nope, wrong again Mr Latimer. Please don't be making accusationary comments like that. It's not clever.

My posting history is there for all to see. Nothing to hide

What Steve thinks is his own business. Frankly, I'm not in the mood to chance it.

Username

I've used the report to moderator feature as I don't know any other way to get a reply. Please feel free to delete this post if I can get a reply.

Why am I on this approval system? This is not the best way to encourage new users to the forum. Also, I haven't used my name in my ID, as most people don't, but I'm willing for my identity to be known and I can confirm that I am not James. I would appreciate being taken on my own merit and not tarred by the same brush as another.

I appreciate the need to keep the forum safe from abuse but I am not here for nefarious reasons, I do enjoy debate and offering alternative points of view, not arguement, I keep things on topic without resorting to personal attacks. I think I may be the least likely person here to break the rules. Feel free to monitor my posts and challenge me where needed but please do not stifle my contributions for no good reason.

Land Phil

Why join a forum just to cause childish trouble ?

If you don't agree with the majority here, why not set up your own forum?

Trying to win arguments by being "clever" is not what we are about here.

Riqueti

How am I causing childish trouble?

Land Phil

Quote from: Riqueti on June 28, 2017, 07: AM

I take it all back, USERPAIN was irritating me. I'll go back to sleep.

Username

Quote from: Land Phil on June 28, 2017, 08: AM

Taking part in the discussions and trying to further debate is seen as causing childish trouble? How else is a forum supposed to work pray tell?

Is that the reason I am on pre-mod? Because I irritated someone? That is an horrendous abuse of power by a moderator or admin wbo's entire purpose is to ensure the conversations stay within the rules and on topic.

Riqueti

Quote from: Land Phil on June 28, 2017, 08: AM

Ah sorry, thought you were referring to me. Was going to say I haven't done anything LOL

fred c

If people don't like the tone of the various debates on The Post, why do they bother to use the forums, just go elsewhere, there are other social media outlets that are available for them to express their particular views, the number and variety of 'attacks' on The Post over the years give admin every reason to be extremely wary of new users of the site.

Having said that......there are some who, when the Dog Farts....... They Sniff.

Username

Fred it's nothing to do with he tone of debate. I have no issue with that at all as long as the rules are enforced evenly. I don't care if the forum is ruled with an iron hand or a silk glove so long as it's the same for everyone. At present it appears, and I am new so I've not been able to read a great many posts so I may be wrong, that some people get a free pass where insults and derision is concerned and others are jumped upon for any reason real or imagined. I do hope this isn't the case. I appreciate there have been issues for the site but I'm not sure I agree with the diagnosis so far. I think that's more a general discussion thing though so I'll not discuss it here.

In response to your previous post: I personally use forums to be exposed to differing opinions to my own, I would like to see how people have formed their opinions and what information they have used. If it's new information to me great, I can further my knowledge and update my opinions if needed, if it's the same information I have seen but a different conclusion then I would discuss this. I would like to know if I've given a certain bit of information too much or too little credence or whether I feel someone else has. I'm absolutely fine with people holding different view to me but I will seek to understand them. That isn't a personal attack on anyone or causing trouble it's debate, discussion, dare I say progress.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on June 28, 2017, 09: AM
If people don't like the tone of the various debates on The Post, why do they bother to use the forums, just go elsewhere, there are other social media outlets that are available for them to express their particular views, the number and variety of 'attacks' on The Post over the years give admin every reason to be extremely wary of new users of the site.

Having said that......there are some who, when the Dog Farts....... They Sniff.

I don't think not agreeing with the majority opinion is a good enough reason for a ban and I am not aware of anyone being banned for such a reason. The current 'pre-mod' complainer (which is not a ban as can clearly be shown by the fact he is still posting) appears to me a to be reaction to events in which the possibility that insiders may be up to no good makes the site owners ultra-cautious with those they believe to be 'friends' of the  suspected culprit. The current pre-mod can be seen 'sucking up' to the suspected hacker elsewhere so  does not do himself any favours. All I can say is  life is not fair and it may be that he has been unjustly treated but the mistake will be rectified if he wants it to be rectified.
James is clearly a man on a mission and appears to devote an inordinate amount of effort to get his voice heard on the site. He has several fake IDs still active here and it is comical to see him moaning he is banned whilst at the same time  observing that his posts are still on view in the forum archives.
The history here for those who have short memories is that James took mortal offence several years back when Riddle blocked him on  Facebook(?). In retaliation James set up a 38 page Blog where he listed in obsessive detail every slight he believes he suffered at the hands of Riddle. I am not making that up there really was a 38 page assassination of Riddle and here we are years later and he is still whining and crying over it.

mk1

Quote from: Username on June 28, 2017, 10: AM
At present it appears, and I am new so I've not been able to read a great many posts so I may be wrong, that some people get a free pass where insults and derision is concerned and others are jumped upon for any reason real or imagined.

That is wrong. I have had several posts deleted  for no apparent reason and seeing as it is not my forum I never once enquired about the removal.I just did not care enough about it. I have also been censored several times. I have had serious doubts about the way deeply troubled individuals with frightening views about 'foreigners' were allowed to vent here and no action taken. In my case I know I have  gone against the forum flow  in relation to the (expected) Corbyn 'wipe-out' at the last GE and I have not missed any opportunity to remind  people of their mistake. Indeed I will admit to being  gratuitously offensive in my posts just so as to irk my opponents. If I get deleted I accept it but the problem with James and his organ grinder is they believe that have the god-given right to demand answers to 'their' questions and if they do not get the answer they want then to keep asking the same question over and over and over and over again. You have to wonder about the motives of someone who   does little else  other than constantly traduce the forum and spends an inordinate amount of time either trying to post here or writing about it on other sites.

fred c

The Post has provided a practical information and discussion service in relation to all manner of happenings in Hartlepool, by and large those attributes have been beneficial, providing information and provoking actions that have benefited the residents of the town, if someone is seeking an esoteric discussion forum, I would suggest The Post isn't the medium to use.

Username

I converse with a great many people over several different platforms, I don't suck up to anyone. I do challenge things where I see it needed regardless of who needs that challenge. In this case it was my (now lifted) pre-mod and the red card thing which I'm still not sure was an official warning or just another post to Riqueti for correcting a comment by Steve Latimer when surely Riqueti is the best person to know this information.

MK1: If I have something removed I would always ask why unless it was clear to me I was being deliberately offensive etc in which case I wouldn't make the post in the first place.

Fred: Every person who wishes to come here and discuss the events of the town should be welcomed and encouraged not repetly told not to be here. Just my opinion.