Thankyou

Started by jeffh, June 27, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Good to see the Forum up and running again - thanks to those who made that possible  ;D

Inspector Knacker

I was a bit put off when I found I was banned! :D
Elections must be getting close.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stevef

Sorry you will find that some of the posts made yesterday have been lost. However everything else should be fine.
You are what you do. It is what it does. Everything else is illusion or Delusion.

fred c

Another sterling effort by the lads in sorting out this, the latest attack on The Post........ maybe this time police action will follow against the a***holes responsible for this attack...... again....Well done fella's

admin

Just to emphasise that this was not a DDOS attack but a very personal attack on the forum made by one of the local Trolls who doesn't like being banned.

The matter is now in the hands of The Police.

mk1

Quote from: admin on June 27, 2017, 01: PM
Just to emphasise that this was not a DDOS attack but a very personal attack on the forum made by one of the local Trolls who doesn't like being banned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmxQi1RSg_0

kevplumb

Quote from: admin on June 27, 2017, 01: PM

wonder who that was  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

James has figured it all out. He is far too smart and knows when  he is being set up:

The Shane Moore thing is a good example. It was clear they didn't want to add any pressure to UKIP to deselect him despite him being a 'professional' driver who just picked up his second drink driving conviction being three times; over the limit and has probably mislead police about the circumstances.  If he loses his seat, Labour will take it. They don't want that, so will protect Shane despite his inexcusable behaviour.  Possibly to the extend(sic)  of 'crashing' their own website in order to ditch the thread .

He also has a crack legal team working for him (via Facebook messages ) as this gem illustrates:

info from a legal professional:
It shouldn't need a campaign, he has a non·custodial sentence which is more than three months long. He is automatically no longer a Councillor, and we will need another expensive by election

Curses, foiled again!

Devils advocate

I don't know either of the two people mentioned in this post and do not want to get into any kind of blame game here but i am confused with the "hacking" allegations.

Kate Erskine posted
QuoteKate Erskine I've been talking to the guys at the main site and the problem is that the forum has been deliberately hacked by James Campbell and many of the database tables have been wiped. Hacking is a criminal offence so the matter has been reported to the Cleveland Police Cyber Security Unit.

James Campbell posted
QuoteJämes Campbell

This statement was made by Kate Erskine on The Hartlepool Post Facebook page, which I am banned from (and am therefore unable to defend myself in) last night.

This statement is without any basis in fact and Kate has no evidence for her assertions.

She has accused me of criminal activity, something which I consider to be defamation.

I have sent a message asking for this statement to be removed.

If anyone would like any further clarification, please contact me in person.

My problem here is why does this James Campbell think this is aimed at him? Surely that name is quite common. As far as i can see there is no hyperlink linking to James Campbells facebook profile.

There are some of said James Campbells facebook friends saying he is pretty useless with computers, yet this is on his facebook page

https://tinyurl.com/ycuodktv

A local web designer cited this in a comprehensive pulling apart of their 'hacking' argument yesterday. This and other information by professionals in the field has been brought to my attention. I have a pretty decent evidence file at the minute.[/quote]
If he is that computer illiterate how does he know that that the professionals in that field have not fed him a load of bull to put in his evidence file?

Andy_S

hiya

been watching the group for awhile and seen some posts but only just realized you meant james campbell

if its the same bloke i think you mean, he defo knows computers cos he used to run the rovers website for a long time.

he's a full on gobshite but he's not thick

steveL

Quote from: Andy_S on June 28, 2017, 10: PM
hiya

been watching the group for awhile and seen some posts but only just realized you meant james campbell

if its the same bloke i think you mean, he defo knows computers cos he used to run the rovers website for a long time.

he's a full on gobshite but he's not thick

Well he was thick enough to post this on Facebook:

"I took the time to breach their pathetic blocking. (Their site is actually quite insecure and everyone's login details are quite easy to view to a hacker."

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

I am not sure if it is flattery but why doesn't Harry and his groupies just keep themselves to themselves and stay away from this forum.

They are nothing but trouble when they comment and never achieve anything on the political front.

Maybe they should just stick to playing on their bikes.

steveL

It's because they have an agenda and want to try and force a by-election over Shane Moore's drink/driving conviction in the hope that Labour would win it. They don't actually give a toss about the actual conviction; it's just the opportunity that it presents.

Although Blackwood often rubbishes the Post and claims no one even reads it, now he's pis*ed off because we didn't make more of he Shane Moore story to further his agenda. The story was covered on the Front Page and there was some discussion on here about it but beyond people saying what a pratt he was there wasn't much interest. Obviously, that wasn't enough for Blackwood and his little plan.

Just for the record, there's is no legal obligation for a councillor to step down after a drink/driving conviction and I can remember a LIB/DEM being in precisely that situation a few years ago who was never pressured to resign - and certainly not by Blackwood.

Incidentally, the forum was brought back to life by restoring from a previously taken back-up. However, any forum activity, including new posts, between the time the back-up was taken and when the forum was taken down obviously couldn't be restored and was lost. I think Steve explained this at the time.

This was the period when Campbell was posting under one of his alternative logins so he has now suggested that we brought the forum down ourselves deliberately in order to remove his posts - a bit of a silly conspiracy theory given that Admin can delete anything at any time with the simple click of a button or two. . . but then that's TOHP for you.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Andy_S

not being funny here steve, but the screenshot looks like hes trying to get you to bite instead of admitting to hacking

not on facebook myself so haven't seen the full thing but it just looks like he's boasting about getting on here to make a comment