Labour Sweepstakes

Started by steveL, April 28, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crisstw

My mistake. I read that he was based in Middlesbrough, so assumed incorrectly that meant, lived in boro.

The fact that he's living in Hartlepool and is an active member of the local labour party is even worse ;-)

fred c

If this bloke Mike Hill is an 'active' member of the local labour party, I can't see anything changing.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: fred c on April 28, 2017, 01: PM
If this bloke Mike Hill is an 'active' member of the local labour party, I can't see anything changing.

If he is elected Fred, NOTHING will change. It will simply be 'more of the same' and a further extension of the 50+ years of stagnation under Labour.
'They don't like it up em'

Devils advocate

Mike Hill UNISON Regional Organiser.
how much of our council tax goes to UNISON?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 28, 2017, 01: PM
Confirmed. Mike lives in Hartlepool. Seems like a good choice to me. Labour will waltz it :-)
I'd be utterly amazed if you'd said anything else. If it goes tits up you may have to change your name to Desperate Dan.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

akarjl

Confirmed. Mike lives in Hartlepool. Seems like a good choice to me. Labour will waltz it :-)

Mince it would perhaps be a better description.....I think a lot of people are forgetting the "protest vote" many are sick to death of the self serving labour mob on the Kremlin that will have an effect ...I wouldn't be so sure about the outcome.

Steely Dan

Quote from: Riddler5 on April 28, 2017, 02: PM
I'd be utterly amazed if you'd said anything else. If it goes tits up you may have to change your name to Desperate Dan.

Not true. If it had been IMHO a poor candidate I'd have said so.

It won't go tits up. Easy win and I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is. You?

Land Phil

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 28, 2017, 03: PM

It won't go tits up. Easy win and I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is. You?

SCABs didn't choose him so he will be as popular as Drummond.
Will be interesting to see how many postal votes he gets from the nursing homes.

mk1

On the plus side all the years of plotting and back-stabbing by the SCABs came to naught. Their long-term plan to bag the seat for themselves by undermining Wright gained them exactly nothing.
All the dreams of bacchanalian nights in Brewer Street then back to  their London penthouse have evaporated.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 28, 2017, 03: PM

It's OK, we know you have to say those things. We understand , there, there.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Mike Hill selected. Well done SteveL for calling that one. I doff my cap sir.

I don't doff my cap to anyone, mate and neither should you.

There's a problem here, isn't there? Milke Hill might be the best thing since sliced bread. I don't know the man and bad teeth have never been an accurate guide to good intentions. The problem is that, from what I hear, it transpires that the BigWigs at Labour know all about the antics of the local Labour group; so much so that they have deliberately rubbished the possibility of having anyone associated with Hartlepool's Labour Council named as their candidate. Yet, here we are, still suffering them 365 days a year.

To put it another way, Labour won't even entertain having one of the local clowns as their parliamentary candidate but, at the same time, they are content to leave them in place to continue to run this town into the ground.

A little birdy tells me that Wright played no small part in warning Labour HQ to stay well away from the local shower (and had a few choice words to say about the ABs in the process) only to discover that the BigWigs were already well aware of the situation.

I'm afraid that I come back to my original thoughts on this - and that the best thing that could happen to Hartlepool right now is for a non-Labour candidate to win the seat - if only temprarily.

Ironically, it's probably the best thing that could happen to Labour too.

I give a warning to our resident cap doffer (he's SO 1930s). A recent study showed that the Neanderthals of UKIP are far more likely to vote than the apathetics from the other parties and, after 6 weeks of being told of an imminent Tory landslide, how many fat-arsed, pizza munching ne'er-do-wells are likely to get up from their bolognese-stained couches to vote? My money is on them staying at home watching GoggleBox.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Steely Dan

Well I'm totally gutted. Pay a bloke a compliment and he throws it back in my face.

Maybe that explains why you're unelectable.

DRiddle

QuoteDRiddle. Why do you hope UKIP gave something to offer?

They don't BTW and are sinking like a stone in the polls.

I don't hope they have anything to offer. I'm one of the most anti-UKIP voices on this forum, always have been.

But i do hope SOMEONE pushes Labour very close for Hartlepool, even if that has to be UKIP, it'll help get the local Labour loy to wake up and cut out the cancer which has infected their party locally.

steveL

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 28, 2017, 06: PM
Well I'm totally gutted. Pay a bloke a compliment and he throws it back in my face.

Maybe that explains why you're unelectable.

No, just that I'm smart enough to detect the personal jibe lying just beneath the surface.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.