Labour Sweepstakes

Started by steveL, April 28, 2017, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Hearing that Alan Clarke didn't even make the short list . . .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

http://labourlist.org/2017/04/the-runners-and-riders-as-labour-aims-to-crush-ukip-in-hartlepool/

I don't know whether this just means they think he applied? Those two names were the ones people had touted locally though. Obviously there's something going on within the local labour ranks though, aside from their usual daily meddling to destroy Seaton.

jawsbbc

Hearing that Alan Clarke didn't even make the short list . ;D GOOD as been from belle view myself i know for certain he would have had a chance as all of belle view would have voted for him as he,s a local lad
not like cranney when he  sent his minions in the local elections to knock door,s around here when asked were cranney was their reply was" his dad has just died he,s in pieces"hence he got the sympathy votes  SCUM

steveL

I gather the reason Clarke didn't make the cut is because his association with the local council 'scares the powers that be'  :o :o Which suggests that the SCABS reputation is now known far and wide. This begs the question 'why hasn't Labour Central' pressed the reset button and ditched the Owton Manor/Foggy Furze Cabal?'

More fool Clark, really. He's one of those who has never had the balls to say what needs to be said.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jawsbbc

Hearing that Alan Clarke didn't even make the short list . DARE THEY ??

jawsbbc

SORRY SHOULD HAVE SAID 'why hasn't Labour Central' pressed the reset button and ditched the Owton Manor/Foggy Furze Cabal?' DARE ANY OF THEM

steveL

Labour officials have turned to local government and the trade unions again as they appointed two candidates to defend seats in north-east cities which backed Brexit.

Tracy Harvey, a councillor, won the selection for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland while Mike Hill, a Unison regional organiser, was named as the PPC for Hartlepool.

Harvey, a school governor and cabinet member in Middlesbrough, above, is tasked with defending Labour's 2,268 majority.

"Tracy has lived locally all her life and is a hard working councillor and community champion. She is a dedicated campaigner for the Labour Party, as a trade unionist, and for local and community causes," wrote Fiona Stanton, Labour North regional director, in an email to members today.

"Tracy is a school governor for two local primary schools and is involved in local community and voluntary organisations."

Hill will have to fend off UKIP in Hartlepool, where they came second in 2015, following a Labour majority of 3,024.

The Unison regional organiser and campaigner on NHS and social care is thought to have faced a challenge from Alan Clark, a Hartlepool councillor and cabinet member for children's services.

https://labourlist.org/2017/04/councillor-and-unison-rep-chosen-for-north-east-brexit-seats/

Steely Dan

Mike Hill selected. Well done SteveL for calling that one. I doff my cap sir.

DRiddle

Fair play to the SCABS, Cranney, Wright et al. It takes a certain level of ineptitude to turn a 18,000+ majority stronghold into a marginal, nearly taken by a part-time wrestler from Tesco.

That combined with reducing one of the safest Labour councils in the country to such a mess, that life long Labour wards are being won by the likes of George Springer, makes Christopher's spell in charge quite a chequered one to say the least.

Now it looks like 'grannygate', 'carpetgate' (insert other calamity of your choice) has finally caught the eye of people further up the pecking order within Labour.

People obviously have their eye on June 8th, but the Headland election in May will be a barometer worth watching.

Anyway, ignore the critics Christopher. I think you're doing a wonderful job.  ::)

Steely Dan

The people you mention David are indeed responsible for huge numbers of people turning away from Labour. The local party has a lot to answer for. I'm a party member (branch elsewhere thank God) and I find it impossible to promote Labour in my home town (I've recently moved back) because of their antics.

I hear very good things about Mike Hill but by god he's got a job on his  hands thanks to the dimmer twins and Cranney, Mad Marge etc.

That said, aside from the Sports Direct stuff, Wright has been useless as well.

crisstw

So they've picked someone from boro to represent labour in Hartlepool. I suppose he'll fit right into the Tees Valley initiative for boro if he gets elected.

Unfortunately, I still believe they're enough ignorant people in town who will blindly vote labour, because their mam always did, come june 8th...

Steely Dan

DRiddle. Why do you hope UKIP gave something to offer?

They don't BTW and are sinking like a stone in the polls.

Steely Dan

Quote from: crisstw on April 28, 2017, 01: PM
So they've picked someone from boro to represent labour in Hartlepool. I suppose he'll fit right into the Tees Valley initiative for boro if he gets elected.

Unfortunately, I still believe they're enough ignorant people in town who will blindly vote labour, because their mam always did, come june 8th...

I'm told Mike Hill lives in Hartlepool but I can't confirm it.

You seem to be dismissing him for no apparent reason.

Steely Dan

Confirmed. Mike lives in Hartlepool. Seems like a good choice to me. Labour will waltz it :-)