It's the little things.

Started by Inspector Knacker, November 17, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steely Dan

This is the thing about the Mail. Not only is the paper terrible, the web site is awful.

There's an opportunity for a good local weekly paper with web site to go head to head with the Mail and finish it off. Hartlepool Post could gave been that but I think it's missed the boat. It strikes me that it's just a niche product for a handful of politically aware malcontents. Nothing wrong with that but I think it's an opportunity missed.

Land Phil

The Mail is still rubbish and gets worse all the time.

I don't think the boat has sailed in terms of an opportunity for somebody to set up some competition.

Personally I would love to see a paper based competition (so I could buy it) but I imagine an alternative web service would be more affordable as a starting block.

The last time I saw a Mail reporter/photographer, it looked like a kid on a push bike. Their costs can't be high as a result.

Steely Dan

The most shocking thing I've read on here is the amount of money that goes into The Mail's coffers from the council. Totally immoral situation. The council is literally bribing the local newspaper. Then there is the huge salary paid to Alaster Rae and his staff. Their press releases are used directly by  the Mail so in a way, the council taxpayers are paying for a propaganda dept to fill the pages of a privately owned newspaper. Shocking and just totally corrupt

The Great Dictator

15 years ago the council were paying the Mail £3000 a week for advertising and public notices.

Steely Dan

Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 19, 2016, 04: PM
15 years ago the council were paying the Mail £3000 a week for advertising and public notices.

Really. How totally irrelevant.

15 years ago I was very slim.

The Great Dictator

Must we have this ignorant clown on this site ?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Political Malcontents.   New name for my band.   Cheers mate.

mk1

Staring to get a  bit repetitive:

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 20, 2016, 11: AM
Political Malcontents.   New name for my band.   Cheers mate.

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on September 13, 2016, 06: PM'....attention seeking turd'.  Love it.  I think I'll use that myself. 

BresslawoffoftheBunker

You accuse me of being repetitive by repeating what I say.   

Genius !!

BresslawoffoftheBunker

You were that anxious to get a dig in you didn't think that one through.   A smile a day...

akarjl

Quote from: groovy wordbender on November 19, 2016, 05: PM
Must we have this ignorant clown on this site ?

Bit harsh on clowns......well apart from clowncillers.....

Something I have learned in my short time here....some people are inconsistent - they contribute to discussions with valid points and move discussions on.....then they clamber onboard their own personal rant express when they have their button pressed .

Some people have pet hates for example read the following and wait for the usual response....

Quote"Nigel Farage should get the MBE for leading Britain out of Europe"
= something about ignorant racist UKIP members who are little Englanders will hit this forum .....

Quote"The labour party in HBC have done nothing for the town except line the pockets of those at the Kremlin"
= something about not all labour supporters being self opinionated lazy work shy fund "harvesters".

QuoteWe should have some say over who is allowed to enter Britain
= you're a racist and so is anyone else who's worried about our security and therefore dares to suggest border control.

Loads more examples - it's an amusing way of passing an hour to fish through forum and match posts with disgruntled responders.

The Great Dictator

I wasn't referring to you Bresslaw.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on November 20, 2016, 02: PM
so is anyone else who's worried about our security and therefore dares to suggest border control.

Is there not a current  terrorist trial where the alleged perpetra(i)tor is a home grown looney of the far right persuasion?

Steely Dan

Bresslaw, as you've been told before - and not just by me - you contribute nothing here. Most of your comments are juvenile and pathetic. Why bother. Even if your intention is to troll, you're no good at that either.