It's the little things.

Started by Inspector Knacker, November 17, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Reading the Mail at work, I saw a report  that mentioned North  Tees hospital. The reporter referred to it as North Teesside Hospital. It tells me the local aspect of our paper has well and truly sailed into the sunset.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Steely Dan

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on November 17, 2016, 03: PM
You read The Mail? Why?
Because I can.
I confirm something is bad by judging it myself and not by relying on other people's opinions. Like buying a car, I test drive it.

mk1

I get it too but it does a lot of mileage. Instead of all my relatives getting one I save then up for a week then they get passed around. The girls like the announcements. Where they once sold 10 copies they now only sell one.

seatonlady

M & S at Dalton Park is giving copies of the Mail away free today.

Steely Dan

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 17, 2016, 04: PM
Quote from: Steely Dan on November 17, 2016, 03: PM
You read The Mail? Why?
Because I can.
I confirm something is bad by judging it myself and not by relying on other people's opinions. Like buying a car, I test drive it.

Fine. How bad do you judge it to be?

Inspector Knacker

Still dire, which was the point of my original post.

Johnny Bongo

Fine. How bad do you judge it to be?

Still dire, which was the point of my original post.

But how does it compare to Izal?  I can't think of a more appropriate use for it ;D, especially with the endless photo opportunities for the LabTorMob!

Land Phil

It is too thin to use as toilet paper these days.

The Beano has more (grown up) content.

It's decline in popularity is all down to dropping standards and not the Internet.

Inspector Knacker

The point that everyone fails to see is the Mail is still the only source of info on local events for a percentage of the population who have no other sources of information. These people have a vote and if the message getting banged out regularly is that the council are doing a grand job, the votes will follow from the under informed, especially older voters who have always voted for a particular party all their life.
Mock all you want but the Mail still has a message for these people  and the people respond.

seaton

I can't access The Mail on my IPad today, front page loads then disappears and there is only a blank screen?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: seaton on November 18, 2016, 03: PM
I can't access The Mail on my IPad today, front page loads then disappears and there is only a blank screen?

Same here - looks like a fault. 

Land Phil

Probably run out of crap adverts to bombard you with.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

It's a missing file or bad link to the file. Somebody's cut and paste skills let them down again.

I've thought for a long time that nobody at the mail knows where Hartlepool is or anything about it.
As an example, does anyone know where York Avenue is ?
Googling it (which I am assured isn't a sexual offence ) turns up options in York and further afield, but nothing in Hartlepool. None of my friends and associates have heard of it, but the Hartlepool Mail assure us that the recent Remembrance Sunday march started from there.

seaton

Same as yesterday, is there no one in The Mail technical department know how to fix it not that I am desperate to read it.