Democracy Through the Looking Glass

Started by steveL, October 18, 2016, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggismiennicht

Cranny could set up a security firm providing bouncers for council meetings.

beanzontoast

Can i suggest steveL you are delusional, Perspex screens to separate the Plebs in the council chamber, you may be right, lets see shall we, if no perspex screens materalize can I suggest, you and only YOU vote in these great decision makers, which must be Labour they control the council, the committees. Need I go on, nothing will change unless you vote for it.
steveL  can you tell  me in simple language as i`m a simple soul what does a pleb ( your words ) look like.

DRiddle

For the love of God. Toms rants are starting to make less and less sense, if that's even possible given how little sense they actually make in the first place.

What are you even talking about man?

Read your message back. It's utter gibberish.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: DRiddle on October 20, 2016, 03: AM
For the love of God. Toms rants are starting to make less and less sense, if that's even possible given how little sense they actually make in the first place.

What are you even talking about man?

Read your message back. It's utter gibberish.

It could be the effects of too many sherberts.

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 19, 2016, 09: PM
I always remember when the Peer review presented their intitial findings in the Grand Hotel to group leaders, the issue of Mad Dog came up and was seen by all (including Officers and the leader of the Labour Group) as being a major problem for HBC.

It was decided that progress could not be made until the Labour Group had, and I quote, 'ditched the b**ch'.

One Officer commented that every Labour Group leader he'd worked with saw her as a problem but was not able to get rid of her.

I don't know, so maybe you could clue me & everyone else up LE, is there a process a CEO or other senior officer can invoke to deal with an elected councillor if they overstep the mark, by being bombastic, bullying, threatening etc etc.

I know there are no sanctions that can be applied to a councillor by a monitoring officer if they are abusive to a member of the public.

steveL

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 19, 2016, 11: PM
Can i suggest steveL you are delusional, Perspex screens to separate the Plebs in the council chamber, you may be right, lets see shall we, if no perspex screens materalize can I suggest, you and only YOU vote in these great decision makers, which must be Labour they control the council, the committees. Need I go on, nothing will change unless you vote for it.
steveL  can you tell  me in simple language as i`m a simple soul what does a pleb ( your words ) look like.

Too Easy....

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on October 20, 2016, 07: AM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 19, 2016, 09: PM
I always remember when the Peer review presented their intitial findings in the Grand Hotel to group leaders, the issue of Mad Dog came up and was seen by all (including Officers and the leader of the Labour Group) as being a major problem for HBC.

It was decided that progress could not be made until the Labour Group had, and I quote, 'ditched the b**ch'.

One Officer commented that every Labour Group leader he'd worked with saw her as a problem but was not able to get rid of her.

I don't know, so maybe you could clue me & everyone else up LE, is there a process a CEO or other senior officer can invoke to deal with an elected councillor if they overstep the mark, by being bombastic, bullying, threatening etc etc.

I know there are no sanctions that can be applied to a councillor by a monitoring officer if they are abusive to a member of the public.

Yes Fred, what would happen and has happened in the past is a strong Group Leader would deal with the nasty bit of work within thier own group.

Unfortunately in Hartlepool Labour Group we have Calamity Chris in charge, a Leader who has shown time after time that he refuses to deal with Councillors within his cabal who over step the mark.

Hartlepool deserves better

steveL

told that the chamber refurbishment will cost £120,000 (sound system, projection system, new seating arrangements and the said Perspex screen
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Anyone else at the meeting when the LabTor Mob balked at the suggestion that a new sound system would cost £30,000 ?

They now think it's ok to spend 4 times that........ you really can't make this stuff up.

Foggy

£120,000... is someone having a laugh?!  Are they gold plating the seats and microphones or something?

They don't need new seats or a perspex screen.  A few thousand for a decent sound system is all that is needed.  Granted, the projectors and screens are poor but how often are they used?

I really don't know where they get their figures from!!

the_exile

watch out at Companies House for a new company being set up

Cranney's projection and sound supplies, purveyors of stuff for ages like

Inspector Knacker

Why stop at that ? Why not go for a hologram projector and their images could appear on n the council chamber without the public having to share a space with them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

the way these  clowns spend our money

NOT EVEN IN JEST bonny lad  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment