Thursday 6th October

Started by Hartlepudlion, October 05, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

All of you voting tomorrow could change the direction the town is going, i.e. down, by not voting for Labour.

Just a few hundred of you could bring about the change the town needs.

beanzontoast

Hartlepudlion, has the town not gone DOWN far enough from a Labour controlled council. The National press say Labour now only represents the Public sector, and the welfare claimant,which one are you. I`m thinking of a motion at council for special dispensation for those of a senior disposition from PC Corectness, you know call a spade a spade.

beanzontoast

Accepting said motion for us seniors Hartlepudlion can you specify what those changes are that Labour need to bring in to Hartlepool to make it better, after all wev`e had a Labour controlled council for how long,MK1 is good at specifics. in the immortal words of D Bowie WE SHOULD BE THERE BY NOW

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 05, 2016, 09: PM
The National press say Labour now only represents the Public sector, and the welfare claimant,which one are you.

The national press 'say' UKIP are all Looneys, friutcakes and closet racists. Which one are you? 

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 05, 2016, 09: PM..........call a spade a spade.

Or as Nigel likes to call them 'Nig-Nogs'.

beanzontoast

Now now MK1  you must have at your fingertips a vast array of data, I am somewhat envious.However while the national newspapers did indeed report both stories, 1 the Labour party now only represents the Public Sector, and the welfare claimant is, quite factual, whereas looneys, fruitcakes and closet racists are creations of a fantasy world, a world  you seem to frequent. No matter I invite you on this forum to illuminate us as to your vision for Hartlepool sooner would be better than later but please join with PHF and tell us residents your vision. 

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 05, 2016, 11: PM
1 the Labour party now only represents the Public Sector, and the welfare claimant is, quite factual,

Post the story or link to same. Until such time I say you are making it up.

Quote from: beanzontoast on October 05, 2016, 11: PM
whereas looneys, fruitcakes and closet racists are creations of a fantasy world,

Link to story from 2006

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4875502.stm

Which are you?

A:

"fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists"

or one of the:

"cranks and gadflies"

DRiddle

It should be interesting tonight as always. Obviously each candidate will have their respective supporters there. Steve Latimer will be backed by the PHF members, Tim Flemming will have the UKIP crowd firmly behind him, and Trevor Rogan will have the Labour lot in his corner Korma.

The people present at Mill House will watch the clock tick Tikka tock to 10' O Clock when the votes start to be counted.

It'll be interesting to see Akers-Belcher's reaction if Rogan wins. We all known CAB was keener Keema for Labour's local members to pick someone other than Rogan to contest the seat.

Alas Madras, such is life, Rogan got the ticket and tonight we'll see what happens.

I'd love to be there and see it how it all pans out, but I've been laid up with a really upset stomach. So the chances are, I'll spend most of the evening in the loo vindaloo.

mk1

Given Rogan's attitude to women and  his propensity for physical violence perhaps the voters will assume he is the UKIP candidate!

akarjl

Hopefully mince and his dumpling will end up with gandis revenge

SRMoore

Congratulations Tim, just goes to shows how a positive, local campaign can connect with voters.

steveL

Made a note of the result if anyone's interested:

Chris Broadbent, Independent, 26
Tim Fleming, UKIP, 496
Steve latimer, PHF, 155
Benjamin Marshall, Local Conservatives, 41
John Robert Price, Patients not profits in our NHS, 56
Trevor Rogan, Labour, 255

Turnout was 17% which, according to a council suit was the lowest he'd ever known.

That makes the Party Breakdown
Labour: 19
UKIP: 6
Ind: 3
Torys: 3
PHF: 2

Interestingly, it means that Labour can only get next year's budget through with the help of the Tory's
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Ray is now effectively in charge of the Council. He can name his price.

craig finton

Well that's ridiculous. Don't people watch the news?

craig finton

Just been checking the figures. 17% turnout is absurd 83% couldn't be bothered to vote and as for 'connecting with the voters' I work out that UKIP connected with 10% of the voters. The other 90% either voted for someone else or didn't vote at all.

The question everyone should be asking is why so many people aren't interested.

not4me

Think your figures are wrong Steve. Give it a few weeks and there'll be 9 Independents, 11 if you include the 2 PHFs. Interesting times ahead.