Rift House East Residents Association Fun DAY?

Started by Heknocks68, August 05, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I have made a perfectly valid point.  It has been met with an insult and an accusation of 'trolling'.   

Brilliant

not4me

Thank God the football season has started again. I don't think those who aspire to have the town run better than it is will find the answer from those who consider the annual avoidance of relegation as a triumph.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I'm not sure what you are getting at there.   Can you explain further ?

mk1

Quote from: not4me on August 13, 2016, 02: PM
Thank God the football season has started again.
Not good for me. I have to share a train with the drunken chanting morons are the stagger home pis*ed. When you watch their pathetic efforts try and pick up women on the journey home you understand why they have so much time on their hands. Apparently they think 'show us yer tits' is a blinding chat-up line!

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Nothing like a little generalisation is there?

Inspector Knacker

I agree with Bresslaw, the actions of a minority can't be attributed to all who attend football matches.
As a matter of interest, if they're on a train they won't he Hartlepool supporters, but may live in Hartlepool. Big difference.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

testing times

"Supported by Hartlepool Borough Council, the fun got underway with a free barbeque."

I don't remember reading this phrase in the Mail coverage of other community 'fun days' such as the Greatham Feast, the Hart Village Fayre and the Hartfields event; perhaps, contributions from councillor ward budgets but that was the extent of it. What does "Supported by Hartlepool Borough Council"actually mean? I suspect it means that residents in other areas have effectively been made to subsidise this one event when the same level of support has not been made available to their own local residents associations or groups. While most community events are limited to a few hours of fun, this one managed to stretch itself over a full 3 days.

"All proceeds going to community causes in the town". Yes, I think we all know whose 'community groups' that means and I would bet real money that the free barbecue was funded through the holiday hunger money.

I, for one, would be interested to know the extent of the financial support and of the support in kind provided by HBC to the residents association which happens to be chaired by the Great Leader himself. It seems to me that the Town Centre has been re-located to the Owton Manor/Rift House area

Read more at: http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/family-fun-weekend-in-hartlepool-sees-the-voice-star-rick-snowdon-perform-1-8068697

fred c

It might just be me, but I can't help but think this is another reason for the removal of 'Individual Ward Budgets' I can't see any reason why the hard pressed council tax payer should be paying for a Labour group freebie.

What this amounts to, is some councillors from other wards spending some of their Ward Budgets in The Dear Leader & Lying Ste's wards, is that how they are supposed to work ?

"I can confirm that the Rift Fun weekend is funded from Ward Member budgets,  collectively 11 Councillors contributed £4,500 towards the event which funded the majority of activities and also the Council workforce in installing the wooden huts.  As you will appreciate some activities are self funded as they subject to charges e.g. fun fair rides and others are provided voluntary"

"The Council via the community development team support many  community events across the town, including this one.  The Council's  security contract is also utilised to ensure our equipment is safe and secure during the running of such  events"

"All Ward Member budget allocations have to be approved by the Director for Regeneration and Neighbourhoods in collaboration with the Chief Finance Officer and the Council Monitoring Officer.  Ward Member budget spend is reported to the Neighbourhood Forums on a regular basis through the year and to the Neighbourhood Services Policy Committee annually"

steveL

So we're talking about 3 wards: Manor, Rift House and Fens and Rossmere with, I assume the UKIP bloke, who I keep forgetting the name of, being the one to opt out.

I'd love to see the mechanism by which council workers are paid from ward budgets. Remember we're talking about the likes of Cranney, James and the two Akers-Belchers....precisely the people that Ged Hall was talking about. And who paid for the free burgers? I'd bet real money it was the kids on free school meals that paid for those.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

To my mind it is a blatant misuse of public money, re.the free meals for kids, I did ask that question in my request to the CEO, she chose not to answer it.

Only in Hartlepool & Only Under a Dysfunctional Local Council.

jawsbbc

jutland road hub received 2 free  meals a week the other three days were for the ofca community farm? i,d like to know how many children were fed at the ofca farm