Rift House East Residents Association Fun DAY?

Started by Heknocks68, August 05, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

QuoteAlongside the leaflet I received an update from Kaylee, Kevin and Christopher. I have very little interest in what they have to say but I noticed that Foggy Furze residents will benefit from the FREE bulky waste removal service in October/November, paid for by the ward member budgets of course.

I gather Kevin is looking after the disposal of old mattresses - it's a speciality of his.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Foggy on August 10, 2016, 11: PM

Alongside the leaflet I received an update from Kaylee, Kevin and Christopher. I have very little interest in what they have to say but I noticed that Foggy Furze residents will benefit from the FREE bulky waste removal service in October/November, paid for by the ward member budgets of course.

Ah, the good old ward budget. The question has to be asked why? Why exactly does a councillor need to turn up like the tooth fairy and fund with other people's money but in their name, projects and events that oddly generate maximum publicity for the 'provider'.
They appear to play the role of generous benefactor or philanthropist, but I always assumed they did their philanthropic work with their own money.
Councillors budgets to me look like a vanity we don't need, if extra rubbishy needs taking away leave it to those in charge to give the service to everyone, if burgers need buying, buy them yourselves, Be judged on what you actually do and not an ability to act like Santa.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

In theory & if used properly ward budgets are a good idea, but used as they are by Labour councillors, they are an immoral burden on people who pay council tax.

If, as Riddler mentions they were using their own cash to fund their various 'Free Activities' they could legitimately claim the plaudits for doing so, but as it is, they are in effect acting 'The Big I Am' with other peoples money.

It will be interesting to see if the second largest party in Hartlepool politics lead the way in pushing for explanations into the 'free food for hungry kids scheme.... or should that be scam.'

Foggy

I noticed on the Mail website this morning that Bishop Cuthbert Residents Association are also having a fun day on 27th August. 

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/fun-is-on-the-way-as-residents-association-organises-first-community-event-1-8064711

The ward member budgets are also being used for this but there are a few notable differences between this one and the 'Rifty' one:

* Its on for 3 hours and not 3 days
* It is clear where the money has come from for it (ward member budgets as well as Bellway and Persimmon)
* It is also clear where the money raised from the event is going (community garden scheme at Meadowsweet Road)
* There is no mention of FREE food anywhere

One thing did amuse me though.  The article includes a picture of ward Councillors and a few people from the residents association.  I wonder if you can guess which Councillor is missing from the picture?  ::)

fred c

At 11.25 this morning there were 5 council vehicles in the Rec carpark & at least half a dozen operatives erecting sheds.... at least i think they were council employees, they certainly got out of council vans.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

So what???

There's only you and you're half dozen cronie mates who give a stuff.   Just stay in and watch the telly whilst hundreds have an enjoyable day.

Jeez you're a miserable lot.

If it's cost me a quid or two as a tax payer I'm quite happy it's being enjoyed

fred c

More money than sense springs to mind, i suppose the hundreds of thousands of pounds that went awol under a Labour councillor at a well known Manor Charidee was also OK.

Or the £680,000 that went up the Suwannee on WC N/E on the say so of 1 Labour councillor.

Your quid or two is a drop in the ocean compared to whats being wasted..... but by all means keep shelling out, but count me out, i can't afford to give my money to people better off than me.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Like I said.  Stay at home.  People having fun don't need you around.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on August 12, 2016, 07: PM

Your quid or two is a drop in the ocean compared..................

He is a tit  always looking for an argument so the best thing to do is just completely ignore his posts.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Are you referring to me or Fred there Sir ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on August 12, 2016, 07: PM
So what???

There's only you and you're half dozen cronie mates who give a stuff.   

Jeez you're a miserable lot.

If it's cost me a quid or two as a tax payer I'm quite happy it's being enjoyed
Which begs the question, why do you bother coming on here then.
Eager to please party minion alert!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I pop on every so often because, at times, it can be quiet interesting.   Is that OK with you ?

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Mk1.   No need my friend.   You're just displaying your inability to form a easiness argument.

Lucy Lass-Tick