Rift House East Residents Association Fun DAY?

Started by Heknocks68, August 05, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heknocks68

INTERESTING a family fun day? Scheduled for the 12th, 13th and 14th (3 day event) all clear so far!!  Bottom of flyer (facebook page) 13th and 14th Aug 16, clear so far!! Bottom right of flyer would suggest by inclusion of the HBC logo that this is in association with hbc? Car boot sale "strictly no selling of NEW items" clear so far? So in the case of non new electrical items , given that this event appears to be in conjunction with hbc who assumes responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of the purchaser (in good faith) will the health safety and wellbeing team of hbc be policing the event? The flyer offers at best sketchy detail. There is no mention of charges and potential income from cabin rent for the day or weekend or associated costs for power/fuel erection of cabins dismantling of same, delivery/collection or the funding thereof, it may be free ( not to the ct payers obviously) it would appear the whole town pays for the Rift House East fun day (for some) on a plus note its a "stricly no alcohol" gig, guess Barclay wont be staggering around then. Highlight of Sunday "Dog show" need more be said.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Get over yourself, it a family fun day, the clue is in the title.

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I don`t have a problem with Family Fun Days, as long as they don`t cost me anything.......

All sorts of stuff goes on in the Manor free gratis & most of us who live in the ward don`t know anything about it.... I would settle for the council to do a bit of weed killing & dog s**t enforcing.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Fred, I'm guessing the word 'fun' would put you off anyway !

Heknocks68

fred c

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on August 06, 2016, 07: PM
Fred, I'm guessing the word 'fun' would put you off anyway !

I don't consider stepping in dog s**t to be a laughing matter...... neither do i find ratepayers money funding the lifestyle of LabMob councillors much of a chuckle..... if that appeals to your sense of humour, no wonder you live in a Bunker.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

The bit that caught my eye is the Free Community BBQ on Friday 12th August -
Free Sausages and Burgers. I truly hope that this is not being funded from the money set aside to feed hungry children during the summer holidays.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I adore coming on this forum when I feeling a bit down. It truly does make me realise I have a long way further down to go before I can even compete with your level of 'miserable'

I feel so much better now.   Thanks !!!!

Heknocks68

If your feeling down this often it me be wise to consider an appointment with your GP, they can help.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

No need.  Five minutes on here and I'm champion.   Thanks anyway 😉😉

Inspector Knacker

If you went on a forum for whale preservation I have no doubt you'd advocate cleansing the seas of the big blubbery lumps, you're a contrary Mary.

Foggy

I received the leaflet today and my first thought was... Where did the money come from for this two page A4 full colour leaflet?  Don't get me started on the 3 day funday or the 'Free Sausages and Burgers!'  I sincerely hope they aren't stupid enough to use the holiday hunger money.

It is a sad state of affairs when we are all so cynical about a community event but can anyone blame us when it comes to the people involved. I agree with the concept of this kind of event and I genuinely hope the families who go have a good time but there are question marks, as always, about the small matter of money.

Alongside the leaflet I received an update from Kaylee, Kevin and Christopher. I have very little interest in what they have to say but I noticed that Foggy Furze residents will benefit from the FREE bulky waste removal service in October/November, paid for by the ward member budgets of course.

I don't know who the hell writes or checks these kind of things but they want the sack.  Aside from the terrible grammar it contained gems such as 'Wordsword Avenue' and my personal favourite 'Tanfield Toad'  ;D

Inspector Knacker

Do these events have a full  breakdown of costs ?

steveL

Since Marj took over looking after the local Labour Party's accounts they have, somewhat predictably, gone tits up. They are pretty much broke and Iain Wright threatening to move his office out of South Road with the subsequent loss of rent would help things much.

The last Labour promotional leaflet that I saw was sponsored by Thirteen Group - a questionable linkage in itself - and I wouldn't be surprised if Thirteen (or whatever they are called this week) are making a  contribution to this fun day; previous sponsors have included Niramax.

Given SAB's attitude to using council facilities to produce election material and Devlin's pathetic response to what any other authority would have regarded as a very serious flouting of election rules, I would expect the full council machinery to be employed to prop up this event.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.