Steetley Chimney

Started by steveL, July 27, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

The state of the Steetley site was the first story ever run on HTH which the Mail hijacked a couple of weeks later and claimed as its own 'campaign.' 10 years later (by 2 months) the chimney is finally coming down and the site is being levelled and hopefully made safe.

It was a neat idea to use the occasion to raise funds hor the R.N.L.I. and the Hospice so if you didn't get around to buying a raffle ticket there'll still be collection buckets doing the rounds on the day. I fall into the 'good riddance' group.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Is there a timetable for the housing development yet?

The Great Dictator

Yeah, find 300 people daft enough to live on the headland and hey presto !

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It's more central estate than the headland but I can see the differing opinion considering the access road location.

Anyway ...come and live on top of an old chemical works ...that should have them snapping up the properties.

I am in a cheery mood today  :)
I don't believe it.

rabbit

There could be more ash content in the ground than the developer thinks!

rabbit

I trust that someone will video it and  post it on this forum.

We will then have something to watch while the Olympics are on.

no6bus

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 27, 2012, 03: PM
It's more central estate than the headland but I can see the differing opinion considering the access road location.

Anyway ...come and live on top of an old chemical works ...that should have them snapping up the properties.

I am in a cheery mood today  :)

surely its very much a west view/brus area but given how economical with the truth estate agents are it will probably end up as hart station

marky