CPS

Started by Vincent, July 27, 2012, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

On the news today - 88,000 cases thrown out by the CPS, that means at least 88,000 victims not getting justice and 88,000 criminals escaping justice, laughing at the law and the law abiding public.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Or alternatively, 88,000 innocent people who had charges laid on them but had done nothing !!

The Great Dictator

British Justice...........expect everything, except justice  :-[

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I bet it cost a lot of money to consider and discard those cases, including wasted police time.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 27, 2012, 03: PM
I bet it cost a lot of money to consider and discard those cases, including wasted police time.

Wasted Police time?

How about this example of an actual event in Hartlepool quite recently.

A woman comes home from work to find her front door boarded over and she can not even  get in to the house . Neighbours tell her the Police have been and raided the house.
A workman has to be employed just to gain entry to  the house and  a completely smashed door and frame push the bill up to 900 quid.

It appears (on the basis of incorrect information) a warrant was executed but nothing was found. The woman or her family have no convictions of any kind.

Police decline to pay any compensation as they are covered by the fact a warrant was issued.
Yes folks the Police can come round, destroy your property and walk away free  from any responsibilty to pay for the damage.

It isn't just kids who don't have to pay for their wrecking sprees!

The Great Dictator

If they did that to me i'd do it back to them.

steveL

is this another story that never made it to The Mail?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

I hate to  tell you all but this is not an isolated case. It happens a lot. Warrants are acted on without any real checks and the Police walk away scot free.
Here is where I might get complaints.......
Most of the people who get their door kicked in(on bogus information and thus for no good reason)  will be 'known to the police' and thus  the rest of the population think 'they deserve it' and will agree with the no compo situation.
However the times when they police accidently target a whiter than white citizen they will get outraged and demand reparation.
Leaving aside the double standards the  point is if your property is destroyed by the Police acting on faulty information you are not entitled to a penny of compensation. They walk away and leave you with the bill.

Note they can  make a payment without admiting liability but these tend to be the  headline cases where 90 year old Grannies are involved. Bad PR to let them suffer!