Jason Anderson for Council

Started by FarageAsInGarage, January 22, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

steveL

oh dear, this thread has now taken on a humorous slant
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Ste P

Reading through the thread does raise an eye brow or two.

As a factual response and in no way defending the future aspirations of a local politician (that is if Mr Anderson is going to put himself forward as a candidate in May).

Conducting research on the internet mainly sourcing historic stories from the Hartlepool Mail, the Mail itself obviously with its editorial in relation to him in my opinion is more than certainly bias, running stories described as bad ones and very little in the way of positive stories about him, so if contributors of this forum have only that to referance, to me that could be  narrow minded in your summery of him. As with the Mail apart from one contributor on here its chosen to paint Mr Anderson of a poor and inappropriate candidate.

The Great Dictator accuses him of racist rants (I presume heard on the radio or possibly social media) then says if elected those rants would become public property, when the alledged rants are already public property, as he speaks to thousands of people each day, as the great dictator has highlighted them, his disliking of  Mr Anderson is as obvious as the Mail. As for the comment that Mr Anderson could be out of his depth, I don't really get that as I turn the kitchen radio on at 7:30 and hear him chirpy, confident, bubbly, entertaining and knowledgeable about all aspects of life in Hartlepool. I also witnessed Mr Andersons confidence and professional skills in Feburary 2015 when he acted in my opinion with respect and without bias as an announcer at the Political rally Save our Hospital campaign where he introduced the towns Prospective Parliamentary Candidates on the day. Again in December along with the gran children his skills were once again apparent in Middleton Grange as again he was announcer for Santa Claus opening his grotto with hundreds if not a thousand people there keeping their attention. The point I am trying to raise really is that of Mr Anderson is in my opinion knowledgeable in local politics and akin to speaking to thousands upon thousands of people everyday of The week, I really see no evidence to back opinion the claims that he would be out of his depth.

If he were to stand in my ward as a candidate providing he didn't do so as Labour, BNP or Conservative I would vote for him.

DRiddle

I don't think it's physically possible for anyone to be "out of their depth" on our council, given that the bar is already so frighteningly low.

We have mutes, dipsomaniacs, the intellectually challenged, people who literally fall asleep in meetings, bankrupts, proven liars, people literally labelled "incompetent" by judges etc.

As it stands, how worse could he be?

Out of his depth?

To be honest, the water would barely reach his ankles.

steveL

Which you're totally entitled to do and whatever people say on this forum, Anderson is totally entitled to stand as a Councillor if he so chooses.(assuming there are no OFCOM complications as not4me suggested).

For me, those telephone transcripts suggest an unhealthy willingness to allow Radio Hartlepool to be used as a mouthpiece for 'all that is good' about HBC in the same way that Hartbeat is routinely used. In return, Anderson expected HBC to publicise Radio Hartlepool by providing wheelie bin advertising for the station.

Control of the media is something that both Fascism and Communism have in common so the sort of cosy relationship Anderson wanted with HBC would be unhealthy. Do we not already witness it almost everyday in the Hartlepool Mail?

What was it that Anderson objected to more strongly? Was it the fact that local politicians tried to influence and control his station's output or was it the fact that HBC reneged on what he thought was a deal to put advertising stickers on wheelie bins?

Only Anderson can really answer the question. If the answer is the former, he could well make a good councillor but if the answer is the latter then I'd say that the last thing Hartlepool needs right now is another councillor screwing the system for his own ends.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Surely if you're only prepared to cover 'good news' stories then that in itself is unbalanced? Wasted opportunity to me to cover what people are actually talking about in the town.

steveL

Maybe but having a town radio station is better than not having one.

Ste P

DRiddle well said yes, that's what I was getting at.

steveL I can see that you have obvious contempt Mr Anderson, I suppose like the Mail you don't favour him as being editor of radio Hartlepool.

When you wrote 'Control of the media is something that both Fascism and Communism have in common so the sort of cosy relationship Anderson wanted with HBC would be unhealthy' surely only Mr Anderson could only make such a statment, however I will take it that you wrote that as presumption rather than fact, in the same statement  I don't think it fair or factual to describe or suggest Mr Anderson as supporting Fascism, the contrary as he is the Editor of an INDEPENDANT radio station. 

Personally I still think he will make a great councillor.

Ste P

Testing times, when you wrote Surely if you're only prepared to cover 'good news' stories then that in itself is unbalanced? Wasted opportunity to me to cover what people are actually talking about in the town' if you were referring to the Mail, indeed my research has proven to me that in relation to Mr Anderson and as Editor of radio Hartlepool, the Mail is unbalanced favoring news stories about him or his employ as negative after all the support I hear repetitively given on a daily basis to the towns groups and individuals. If your statement refers to radio Hartlepool, as a daily listener you are wrong on that one too as only this week I heard him and his on radio colleague talking about the council tax rise putting all sides accross in a fair and very balanced manner, I find radio Hartlepool as a well balanced listen, refreshing from that of the council lead Mail.

Being able to express a fair and balanced opinion on all subjects is a skill that Mr Anderson and his radio colleagues have, that's one of the reasons I listen and another reason why I think he would be an asset in the council chamber, like councillor Riddle.

Foggy

I have no idea whether Jason Anderson intends to stand or not so I can't comment on that. 

However... I don't care who takes CAB's Foggy Furze seat off him in May, as long as someone does.  The situation is absolutely dire at the moment and I would rather have someone (ANYONE!) who is ankle, knee, waist or neck deep rather than have him.  He is so far out of his depth he may as well be standing in the Mariana Trench!

mk1

Quote from: FarageAsInGarage on January 23, 2016, 10: AM
Mr Anderson runs a very good ship so I do not know what your point is there?
So you did not  know Jason was running 'rigged' phone-in competitions where the prizes went to his friends?
That the Station was sued by 2 'employees' who they refused to pay?
The reason why he was booted out of the Specials?
There was also the very  mudky incident of him and Mister Mr............

steveL

Contempt is putting it way too strongly but the history of Radio Hartlepool does read something like a soap opera. None of that matters though so long as the experiences have all been part of a learning curve and everyone involved is now a whole lot wiser.

The question is whether that is the case or not and constant denial suggests that it isn't. I have a suspicion that if Damien Wilson had delivered on the stickers for wheelie bins deal then Radio Hartlepool would still be the Hartbeat of the Airwaves' and when you consider that part of the reason The Post was established 13 years ago was to act as a counter-weight to Hartbeat then I'm hardly likely to be a cheer leader for that.

Ste P

mk1 I know your response was not for me.

I came across a few of the points you mentioned in your statement (apart from, There was also the very  mudky incident of him and Mister Mr) when referencing Mr Anderson and radio Hartlepool in a search within Hartlepool Mail, but couldn't find in ether article as you mention that the phone in prizes were going to his friends, nor could I find in the story relating to his time in the Specials that he was 'booted out', the report did mention that he tendered his resignation.

You are right, as I am in my way of thinking that the Mail reports about him and his employ in a one sided, unbalanced approach (again to me it seems an obvious attempt to discredit him and his employ probably for business reasons) highlighting the negative things and not much about all the good and positive contributions he, his colleagues and his employ roll out daily.

Oh and if the Mail said so that must be right.

I am not defending Mr Anderson, only applying and airing my fair a balanced opinion on the subject after all that's what you, me and the other posters on all the threads on here expect from our peers, please don't shoot the messenger.

The Great Dictator

Jason as a person is not a bad lad but politics will be his downfall.

His previous misbehaviour is already in the public domain and would make life difficult for him on council.

He probably thinks he can advertise himself as a candidate on RH but guidelines will prevent that happening.

Im sure common sense will prevail before May.

FarageAsInGarage

Quote from: Ste P on January 23, 2016, 01: PM
Testing times, when you wrote Surely if you're only prepared to cover 'good news' stories then that in itself is unbalanced? Wasted opportunity to me to cover what people are actually talking about in the town' if you were referring to the Mail, indeed my research has proven to me that in relation to Mr Anderson and as Editor of radio Hartlepool, the Mail is unbalanced favoring news stories about him or his employ as negative after all the support I hear repetitively given on a daily basis to the towns groups and individuals. If your statement refers to radio Hartlepool, as a daily listener you are wrong on that one too as only this week I heard him and his on radio colleague talking about the council tax rise putting all sides accross in a fair and very balanced manner, I find radio Hartlepool as a well balanced listen, refreshing from that of the council lead Mail.

Being able to express a fair and balanced opinion on all subjects is a skill that Mr Anderson and his radio colleagues have, that's one of the reasons I listen and another reason why I think he would be an asset in the council chamber, like councillor Riddle.

Here here Ste P it should in fact be pretty obvious that Mr Anderson would have the 'skills' required. No personal disrespect to Stephen Akers Belsher but when i heard him speak i always thought it worked against him wheras Mr Anderson as a daily performer and guardian of the airwaves speaks to thousands of people and he really is in tune with what the public say and want to see happen.

I note also your comments about the on air debate for the MP candidates or those who turned up and i thought it was handled very professionally and Mr Anderson was a credit to his position in town.

The more I read this thread the more i think it shouldnt be a rumour and hopefully it will happen for real because it is people like Mr Anderson who I think can make things change in our chamber. The mail never print all the good things he does and his radio station. How bad is that? I know they are competitors for business but they should nnot trade blows and inf act they should support Mr Anderson and his party should he choose one.