Hartlepool in the national newspapers again...

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, July 15, 2012, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

The Mail on Sunday's take on A & E closures/access times and distances - Hartlepool and the One Life Centre are a recurrent theme in the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173704/Shocking-truth-axed-A-E-wards-hour-reach-casualty.html

stokoe

population of towns/areas will be interesting,i bet we have the largest populated area.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

It beggars belief as to why our MP and other elected representatives are still not fighting for Hartlepool Hospital.

More so why people bother voting for them again and gain.

The article doesn't mention the poor mother that died following problems in ASDA car park.
I don't know the details but my uneducated view is why don't we have facilities in Hartlepool to try and save people like her.

I hope things don't have to get much worse before the tide turns and things can get better.
I don't believe it.

Vincent

Has anyone heard from Keith Fisher since he was elected?

admin

notenoughsaid

Regarding the words of the NT and H /Pool   NHS Trust spokesperson in the article stating "thousands of patients are highly satisfied" with OLC treatment.     It is the disatisfied people that represent the whole truth. People taken from H/Pool to NTGH without choice. Do they ask them their opinion on discharge after treatment at Stockton.  I would suggest not.!!!

popgoestheweasal.

Hartlepool is a town that loves to fight against each other just to get one up this is why we never get anything or keep anything.

The Great Dictator

I think it has more to do with the Labour Wan*ers that have run the place for the last 50 years.

mk1

Hartlepool has the misfortune to be at the end of a road that goes nowhere except to Hartlepool.
By that I mean  you never have to travel through Hartlepool to go anywhere else and thus we get no 'passing' traffic.

The Great Dictator

If you want to drive your car into the sea you go through Hartlepool, other than that your sat-nav is fu**ed !

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I believe there is a truth in that.

I worked in Newcastle and people there said hartlepool goes nowhere, why do you want to live there ?  ...unlike Darlington for example.
I don't think many people in Hartlepool appreciate that.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

I don't follow that logic. It may have made some sense a long time ago, but now most places are by-passed and there is no need to go through any town or city unless you using them as a destination. You quote Newcastle, who needs to go through Newcastle...? We are five miles from the A19, people now visit places because there is a reason for them to visit, using your logic no one would ever go to Whitby or Scarborough .... it's about what's there, not where it's at.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

I think the flawed logic is equating Hartlepool with  Whitby and  Scarborough.

Inspector Knacker

Which reinforces my point, you go to a place you want to go to, the location is irrelevant. I've been past places like Leicester and Nottingham hundreds of times and despite their convenient locations have never visited them, because I have no need to. Your argument will have had some basis when every major road went through a town or city, they don't now, it's history thanks to the modern road system.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

I must be different.
When I go through somewhere new I automaticaly  mark the place as somewhere I would poke around or a place I would never revisit by choice. The point being going 'through' a place gives you that option.
Hartlepool is in a position where nothing of any major passenger carrying capacity passes through  on its way to the ultimate destination.
I stand by my original statement.