West Park Planning Application

Started by marky, August 30, 2015, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Quote from: Alnwickist on September 04, 2015, 11: AM
Should CPO Wells house in Hardwicke Court, demolish it as the new entrance, wonder how long before ex Councillor Close would take to get in on the arguement.
Would make a cracking round about Hardwicke Close. Which reminds me,apparently an area Belchers looked at recently for a new love nest.£450k no less.
Funnel all the cars on to Valley Drive and when the first flood happens their stuck. Jackpot.

You need to be asking yourself how an unemployable pathological liar and another whose temporary contract expires next March can afford such thoughts as a £450,000 house.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

It is now widely accepted that the planning process in Hartlepool is inextricably  linked to dubious business dealings, it really is time a higher authority took a serious look at the situation.

not4me

All this talk about brown envelopes is rubbish. Things have moved on. Think in terms of company purchases going through the books as 'travel expenses', 'vehicle purchase or leasing' and you'll be nearer the mark. How much is a four-week visit to Las Vegas theses days incidentally?

Pragmatist

Decision has been 'called in' ie referred to Secretary of State. This issue may not be over

steveL

Called in by who? Terminology is important in such matters. If someone has merely sent a letter to the SoS then that doesn't really count. If the SoS has agreed to freeze the development until the Department has a look at it then that's more significant. Either way, the absence of a local plan leaves the town at the mercy of national planning policy which defaults to favouring any 'sustainable development' so any objectors are up against it unless they can come up with some serious 'material objections'. Many of the objections lodged against this application do not qualify as 'material objections' and so are simply ignored.

The Planning function within HBC has been seriously compromised and in my view is now totally corrupt. It has been ever since the local plan was scrapped in order to allow the Wynyard Development to go through. It's this that the SoS needs to be looking at if not the Police.

Think T. Dan Smith and you'll have the gist of the situation.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

I wouldn't hold your breath. It's a done deal.

pensionater

SteveL, the town plan was scrapped because some NIMBies and their would be Councillor didn't want travellers to have somewhere to stay when they visited the area.You know that,Driddle knows that and deep down even FredC knows that.Daily Mail reporting.

for fawkes sake

Even the LGA Planning Peer Group let it be known privately that they knew exactly why the local plan was scrapped - Wynyard.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

steveL

Quote from: pensionater on September 18, 2015, 09: PM
SteveL, the town plan was scrapped because some NIMBies and their would be Councillor didn't want travellers to have somewhere to stay when they visited the area.You know that,Driddle knows that and deep down even FredC knows that.Daily Mail reporting.

You must be the only person left in town who actually believes that.....

Land Phil

Incompetent or corrupt.
The state of HBC planning has to be one or both of those.

DRiddle

If you search back through this forums posts far enough, you'll find plenty of us talking about the town plan being scrapped BEFORE it actually happened.

We knew it was coming, planning officers knew it was coming, many MANY people knew/predicted what the council would vote to do that day, before they even did it.

As far as I recall, nobody on here talking about it (before it happened) mentioned a gypsy. Other than to assert that the gypsy site issue was a 'convenient' excuse to scrap it.

What WAS predicted on here, was uncontrolled development by builders and an over supply of housing way in excess of the local demand.

That and many concerns about the REAL motivation for  scrapping it.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on September 04, 2015, 12: PM
Quote from: Alnwickist on September 04, 2015, 11: AM
Should CPO Wells house in Hardwicke Court, demolish it as the new entrance, wonder how long before ex Councillor Close would take to get in on the arguement.
Would make a cracking round about Hardwicke Close. Which reminds me,apparently an area Belchers looked at recently for a new love nest.£450k no less.
Funnel all the cars on to Valley Drive and when the first flood happens their stuck. Jackpot.

You need to be asking yourself how an unemployable pathological liar and another whose temporary contract expires next March can afford such thoughts as a £450,000 house.

I suppose it would be handy being close neighbours to Raymondo, it would save on the travel Ex`s down to the Civic.   

fred c

Quote from: pensionater on September 18, 2015, 09: PM

You appear to be living in a parallel Hartlepool.  ;)

DRiddle

Mr Pensionater Sir, have a look at this and check the date and time.

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,1233.msg15746.html#msg15746

A Labour councillor recently made a half arsed attempt to take a UKIP councillor to task for indicating an opinion on a planning issue well before the planning meeting.

Such premeditation isn't allowed and decisions in planning are supposed to be taken in the meeting having heard the arguments both ways.

Funny then that every man and his dog on this forum knew the town plan
was getting the chop LONG before the actual decision to do it came about.

Personally I'd welcome an investigation by central government into the circumstances leading up to the removal of the plan.

Although I don't think I'd get the support to launch one from the members who sit opposite me. 

pensionater

Mr Driddle Sir,not sure what your reply to me is supposed to prove,firstly it's concerning the park lodge,secondly the dates of these posts are dated the 10th and 11th of October 2013it was actually reported in the Hartlepool Mail that the Town Plan had been scrapped on the 18th October 2013.Given that the Mail is always 2 weeks behind in it's reporting,the posts you refer to are a week to two weeks late with their info.