West Park Planning Application

Started by marky, August 30, 2015, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

testing times

I see people behind the park are complaining about this but surely they only have themselves to blame. They've been sold down the river by the so-called Tories that they keep voting for

marky

marky

Looks like the story has been pulled from the Snail's website

mk1

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/plans-to-build-dozens-of-houses-near-hartlepool-school-1-7433404

The best way to quickly  find a story you clicked on earlier is to go to your 'favourite' folder and click on 'History'. You will be given a list (by day) of every web site you visited. Pick a day you know you saw the site and look under H  for Hartlepool Mail. Click it and every page you visited on the Mail site is shown. Just click again and you are there. Not many people realise how much info your computer keeps about you. Did you know there is a copy of every image you view tucked away in your hard drive?

fred c

The Manor`s Larry, Curly & Mo get a really bad press & rightly so, but the West Park Mob are every bit as nefarious.

steveL

Voters in West Park are just as tribal as the voters in Owton Manor - it's just a different tribe. I'm sure that a lot of them vote Tory as some sort of statement in the same way that they buy Audis and BMWs. That said, I suspect many are mutton dressed as lamb.

Even so, if the majority want a Tory councillor then they should get a Tory councillor. Unfortunately, what they've got is a failed businessman more than willing to sell out his ward if it means he gets to play with the big boys.

I'm afraid as long as people keep voting for Mr Wells and his two lapdogs, all of which sit on the planning committee, then they will continue to be shafted by his developer friends. Just look at the number of new developments around the West Park area.

Trevor Cartner, the director of Tunstall Homes Ltd, is also a director of Wynyard Park Developments alongside fellow director Chris Musgrave - a mate of RW
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Mr W. has been riding on his father's coat tails for years and proving to his Dad that he is 'a player' is probably a large part of what this is all about. I doubt if 'the big boys', as you call them, take Mr W. seriously beyond his usefulness to their own plans.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

marky

Quote from: steveL on August 31, 2015, 09: AM
Voters in West Park are just as tribal as the voters in Owton Manor - it's just a different tribe. I'm sure that a lot of them vote Tory as some sort of statement in the same way that they buy Audis and BMWs. That said, I suspect many are mutton dressed as lamb.

Even so, if the majority want a Tory councillor then they should get a Tory councillor. Unfortunately, what they've got is a failed businessman more than willing to sell out his ward if it means he gets to play with the big boys.

I'm afraid as long as people keep voting for Mr Wells and his two lapdogs, all of which sit on the planning committee, then they will continue to be shafted by his developer friends. Just look at the number of new developments around the West Park area.

Trevor Cartner, the director of Tunstall Homes Ltd, is also a director of Wynyard Park Developments alongside fellow director Chris Musgrave - a mate of RW

BMWs, especially second-hand ones, seem to be the preferred choice of the local rags. I think the brand has taken a bit of a dent lately as a result. Have a drive around the Manor and I reckon you'll be surprised at the number of clapped out BMWs around.

Land Phil

West Park and Wynyard are going to be their own victims as they attract more greed than wealth.
Look at the number of once grand gardens that are now mini housing estates with bloated properties sitting cheek to jowl next to each other. More privacy and space to breath down Owton Manor.

The Great Dictator

Breath what Phil, the smell of burning cars or Cannabis ?

Pragmatist

Plans approved to build houses accessed past west park school.
Despite heavy traffic congestion over many years we have never had a child injured.
Injection of passing traffic risks this record
When the first child is injured or god  forbid worse then the accountability will go straight back to the council chamber and those who sanctioned this dangerous proposal today

Alnwickist

Should CPO Wells house in Hardwicke Court, demolish it as the new entrance, wonder how long before ex Councillor Close would take to get in on the arguement.
Would make a cracking round about Hardwicke Close. Which reminds me,apparently an area Belchers looked at recently for a new love nest.£450k no less.
Funnel all the cars on to Valley Drive and when the first flood happens their stuck. Jackpot.

Land Phil

Recent article in the Mail said a couple of residential streets in Seaton (not next to the school) were to have 20mph speed limits imposed to save children's lives.  Not that any life has been lost to my knowledge.

Then you get this making it more dangerous for children near a school.

It has to be one or the other, they can't use children in 1 breath to legitimise 20mph limits and in the next breath say there is no risk to an increase in traffic.

Do HBC never do joined up thinking.

Why do unqualified councillors make decisions that qualified professionals should be making ?
They are as much qualified to do open heart surgery as they are town planning.

steveL

Quote from: Land Phil on September 04, 2015, 12: PM
Recent article in the Mail said a couple of residential streets in Seaton (not next to the school) were to have 20mph speed limits imposed to save children's lives.  Not that any life has been lost to my knowledge.
Then you get this making it more dangerous for children near a school.
It has to be one or the other, they can't use children in 1 breath to legitimise 20mph limits and in the next breath say there is no risk to an increase in traffic.
Do HBC never do joined up thinking.
Why do unqualified councillors make decisions that qualified professionals should be making ?
They are as much qualified to do open heart surgery as they are town planning.

You're over-thinking it by applying logic or normal rationale. This is nothing to do with either - it's about money, Wells and his developer friends.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.