Mr Bowes' Letter

Started by testing times, August 26, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

I've been a bit disappointed at what has seemed to me to so far be a half-hearted opposition to the threat of moving the Magistrates Court to Middlesbrough in what would appear to be the latest transfer of valued services to Middlesbrough. I'm glad to see that Peter Bowles, who I don't know, is putting the town's MP and councillors on the spot over the issue in a well thought out and reasoned letter.

Those who are meant to represent us need to be doing a lot more than offering their tacit support and the odd photo-opportunity if they are to convince us that they genuinely care about this ongoing and accelerating exodus of services to Middlesbrough all in the discredited name of centralisation.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/article_magistrates%20court%20appeal%20to%20mp.htm

fred c

Your right of course "tt" but as most of us know, members of the political establishment in Hartlepool are more interested in themselves & what they can get out of the system than they are in actually achieving anything for Hartlepudlians.

There are 2 major decisions looming for the people of Hartlepool in the next year or so, The Dear Leader & The LabTor Mob should do the right & proper thing & allow us a democratic Referendum on those issues, we don`t want to be amalgamated into Tees Valley Unlimited & we don`t want a Regional Mayor.

Ohhhh Just thought... we would also like the Investigation into the circumstances surrounding the dismissal of Lying Ste from Newcastle Council to start, its only been 20 weeks since the announcement of an Immediate Inquiry by the Hartlepool Labour Mob............ we won`t hold our breath on that

seaton

I contacted the Mail today asking why they hadn't covered the investigation into his dismissal and also the complaint about the Community Nurses, I don't expect a reply. I said all the information is on the HP website although it's nailed on they read this site on a regular basis.

steveL

It will probably appear eventually. By then the story will probably be that 'rumours on a social media site' (which is how they refer to us these days) have been denied etc etc.... if so, you can take it that someone wiser has told SAB to stop being so stupid and to forget the whole idea of making malpractice claims against hard-working nurses.

Anyway. I don't want to detract from the threat to our courts and Mr Bowles' letter which is what this thread is supposed to be about.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Devils advocate

Have the Hartlepool post employed a mail journalist? :p

Spelling mistakes. it is Peter BOWES not BOWLES

pensionater

To the Owton Manor Born. ;D

steveL

How the 'L' did that get in there  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

There's an on-line petition against the closure of the courts.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106705