Hypocrisy Has No Bounds

Started by testing times, August 19, 2015, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

This is a bit like driving your car off a cliff and then changing your mind half way down.

steveL

SAB would only claim whiplash compensation after it hit the ground  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I feel it's worth a reprise of one of the best comments made on here in years following the meeting with Jeremy Hunt.

Can just imagine the scene in Jeremy Hunt's office. It would be straight out of 'yes Minister'.
So, tell me about this delegation from Hartlepool, who are they and what do they want?
They are here to save the hospital Minister, they are losing all their services, and their A&E has been closed down.
Ok, fair enough, who are they?
Well Minister, we have MP Iain Wright, he was voted in 10 years ago on a save the Hospital ticket
'10 YEARS!' and he done nothing...Bloody Hell and they still vote him in.
What about the others...?
Well, Minister we have Stephen Akers-Belcher, he is the Mayor of Hartlepool.
Oh Yes I have heard of him, The Monkey Right?
No Minister that was someone else, this is a ceremonial Mayor, but he does have experience in the health sector.
Great a professional...at last, were does he work and what does he do?
Well Minister he was employed for Newcastle City Council but was sacked.......
'SACKED!' What for?
'Gross-misconduct minister'
Bloody hell who else have they sent? Frank Spencer?
No Minister, Christopher Akers Belcher
Who the hell is he, his brother? What's he brought his brother for?
No Minister they are partners, so to speak,
OK, OK, does he have any knowledge of the health sector?
Well yes and no Minister.
Yes and no! what do you mean?
He is manager of HealthWatch Hartlepool
Hmm, he will know his stuff better watch out there.
Well not exactly Minister he has been on the sick for 9 months....
'Bloody hell! Not pregnant is he?
OK,OK, Well we'll see what they have to say, probably not their fault they have lost their services, Ok brief me....... When did they lose their A&E and how....?
Minister, it was voted on by committee in the council
Who the Hell would vote to close their own A&E.
Sir, let me check....aaah , that would be Stephen Akers-Belcher................
I thought you said he wasn't the monkey??!

fred c

The performance of Calamity Chris & Lying Ste over the hospital saga is reminiscent of Major Kong riding the bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVVUUqEFz4

Inspector Knacker

The part that says the most to me, is that the £25m ( originally quoted as £50m) was to keep North Tees fit for purpose for the next 20 years, which tells me all I need to know.
Foster is quoted as saying, "The money is urgently needed because we need a hospital that is fit for purpose and fit for the future", so the future is North Tees then, well there's  surprise !
Pity they couldn't keep our A&E  'fit for purpose' which was purpose built long after North Tees equivalent but allowed to become unfit for purpose on their watch.
These belated outbursts of wind in the Mail over hospital services, now look like someone trying to give a frozen chicken mouth to mouth after watching it die of neglect, plucking it and preparing it for the oven...... far too late to be taken seriously.  As for the critism of the Trust, such attacks must feel like being attacked by a  toddler with a balloon on a stick, our services are now run and based out of town, comments in the Mail are purely for local consumption, the Trust can ignore them with impunity.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

The SCABs and Ray were always  in favour of the Wynyard dream. They told the trust(in private) that they supported the move but that they could not say so in public for fear of public reaction. Now that our hospital is well and truly dead they can afford to mount full-on attacks to get it re-opened. They know there is no chance of this happening and can  re-write history to claim they never wanted to close Holdforth Road in the first place.

fred c

Spot mk1.... they can now protest the closure from the roof tops now...... but even they don't think anyone will believe a word of it....... a bunch 50 faced hypocrites if ever there was.