And another one!

Started by Hartlepudlion, August 15, 2015, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

NHS managers planned to rehire a medical director on an improved salary a month after he retired with a £1.9 million pension.
Basil Fozard, 59, returned to Bournemouth hospital with a pay rise of £17,000 to take his salary to £152,000. His predecessor as medical director left in 2013 on £55,000. Mr Fozard will be allowed to draw his pension of about £320,000pa because because he did not work for the Trust in June. The Trust's latest accounts show that it approved the pension arrangements while planning to give Mr Fozard his old job back. According to the Trust it is satisfied that Mr Fozard's employment meets all legal requirements.

Full story in the Times and others.

I know many of you denigrate the bankers for their practices but to my mind this is far worse. They are  taking unacceptable, to many, amounts of money from the public purse for personal gain when it should be spent on the frontline services that we, the patients, depend on.

Johnny Bongo

Bankers, NHS Managers, MP's, local councillors, charity CEO's, etc, etc.....they're all taking the p*55 (and the money) and laughing at us (all the way to the bank!).  BUT...who will actually investigate and curtail all this greed?  Not the Government...that's for sure! No wonder the country is in the financial state it's in, when these vultures are allowed to feed off it!   There needs to be a complete overhaul of many of the above institutions before there's nothing left (for the peasants, at least!).  Maybe a national rebellion/ riots, etc, might have some effect....but I reckon that the British are TOO LAZY to get off their backsides...God forbid, they might miss the footie!   

Land Phil

Banks, NHS are just the same.
99% of the staff are underpaid and overworked waiting for the next round of cuts to affect them.
The 1% are unaccountable villains milking big rewards on the back of their failure.

beanzontoast

Liz Kendall is on record  of saying Labour invented the NHS and so they did but she forgot to mention that they privatised it, it has 3 tiers of management? Nice work if you can get it, like the mob  in Hartlepool they want to keep it that way, my point being  this forum is arguing among itself,  for itself you always get what you vote for.

beanzontoast

Again Mr. Bongo, all this NHS money, paid in pensions etc, is exactly the same as council Ceo's and top dogs its been going on for years it's called the revolving door,  of local government,  as I said in one of my posts, tell me what your vision is of your Utopia,  I may wish to follow.

beanzontoast

Mr. Bongo, I have given you a view/ challenge call it what you will  what is your vision for society.