This is an apology?

Started by testing times, June 26, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

Public apologies have one thing in common; they are made in public. Can we even be sure Mr Cranney wrote this one or was it delegated to a council officer?

http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/news/article/5605/statement_issued_by_councillor_kevin_cranney

craig finton

oh c'mon. Cranney doesn't want to apologise and sees no need why he should. Neither do his mates who have just made him elected Mayor. This is the bare minimum of apologies, the very least that he thinks he could do and still get away with it.

fred c

What a pathetic apology, it was prabaly written on a sheet of Andrex.

steveL

Quote from: craig finton on June 26, 2015, 09: PM
oh c'mon. Cranney doesn't want to apologise and sees no need why he should. Neither do his mates who have just made him elected Mayor. This is the bare minimum of apologies, the very least that he thinks he could do and still get away with it.

Just to be picky. He was elected as deputy Mayor
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: craig finton on June 26, 2015, 09: PM

I totally agree with the sentiments expressed. This is a begrudged apology from a morally bankrupt man.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Lucy Lass-Tick

There's nothing like a heartfelt display of remorse to smooth troubled waters - and, lets face it, this is nothing like a heartfelt display of remorse! Surely it's a nominal attempt to do the barest minimum - does anyone else feel it to be an additional insult to the lady in question and (in my opinion) to Peter Devlin, too?