Indoor Bowl's club.

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 21, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 23, 2012, 03: PM
No hospital. no bowls club. no leisure centre. no football club thank god we will still have the odeon.

Well, until it it finally crumbles into a pile of rubble...

no6bus

Quote from: steveL on June 23, 2012, 12: PM
No, I'm not going to let that pass unchallenged.

When I stated that the bowls club was paying more in rent, I was more or less accused of lying about it. Then when it was confirmed with an actual figure by someone else, suddenly things were switched to attempts to justify the difference. It's quite obvious that No6 too had difficulty believing it otherwise why the accusation that I was making it up? yes i felt the figure must be an inflated one

It just goes to show how badly researched people are and how little effort has gone in to considering the interests of other occupants of the Mill House site.agreed again which in dec 2010 long before the current debate the bowls club was being discussed on the bunker There are too many people who remain entirely focused on the football club couldnt agree more and glad you finally admit it. and don't give a toss about anyone else. To me this is obvious from cynical references 'not to concentrate on the ground giveaway and to start to emphasise the 'regeneration' instead' and to other Mill House occupants who are just as enthusiatic about their own sport being dismissed as 'coffin dodgers.' There's now another reference on the Bunker after someone noticed that the new plan doesn't include the existing skateboard facility - those skateboarders, we are told, can just use the gaps and steps around the buildings instead - in other words - f*c* 'em.

Yes the Bowls Club is covered and is maintained by the council but it is also a third of the size and occupied by a 'not for profit' organisation and not a private commercial company. If you don't recognise that the football club was given a sweet deal by the council all those years ago then that becomes just another example of how divorced from reality pools fans have become.

so whilst we are quoting figures, the bowls club pays rent and rates to the sum of £26,000 for a maintained indoor arena, the football club pays £18,000 lease per year now what about the rates on top of that? so anyone willing to estimate the rates as i dont wish to make figures up ;) nobody has said the lease wasnt a good deal.
has anyone said the idea of building a leisure centre/bowls club isnt a good one.
i really love the way a throw away line on the bunker is used to represent the feelings and thoughts of all pools supporters ;D if you had bothered to read the rest of the thread you would have found these.

Strangely enough the skate/BMX park is one of the very few places in the town that caters for the sort of kids ( boys aged 8-15) who might otherwise be out committing crimes. I cant ever recall going past it on a night or weekend when it hasnt been busy.
I cant see anything on the plans to suggest its going to exist after the new development , which has to be a massive oversight surely ?

Sat in the millhouse pub now looking out the window, pouring with rain and there are still about 15 kids using the skate park, occasionally pop over to use the toilet and they are no bother what so ever, they defo need a replacement considered on the plans

steveL

You're only further demonstrating just how ill thought out the plans are..anyway, I don't think I'll post any more on this. As someone else said on here...it's best to recognise a dead parrot when we see one and move on.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

stokoe

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 23, 2012, 03: PM
No hospital. no bowls club. no leisure centre. no football club thank god we will still have the odeon.

and greggs ;D

fred c

Interesting to see that 2500 Pools fans have taken advantage of the "Cut Price" season ticket offer, works out at £7 per game.

If they aren`t prepared to pay the full going rate to support their club, why do they expect the rate payers of Hartlepool to do so ?

But apart from that, there have been so many pie in the sky schemes bandied around over recent years & non of them have come to anything i`m inclined to agree with the "Dead Parrot" scenario.

no6bus

the football club decided to price their season tickets at £155, should we all go down and say no heres £255 please take £100 more than you want off me. ::)
would you go in marksies and think that suit is only £150 but it looks really smart and give the cashier £200 of course you wouldnt, you pay the asking price.

as for the scheme why not wait and see.

admin

If anyone wonders where Lord Haw haw has gone please read the guidelines regarding flooding, the use of duplicate accounts and user names, unnecessary use of fowl language, sexism etc - take your pick, really.

whatabouthisthen

As I understand it the rates are included in the £18K. HUFC only pays a peppercorn rent viz basically nowt.

popgoestheweasal.

But the football clubs pays for all repairs as well don't they.

no6bus

Quote from: whatabouthisthen on June 25, 2012, 11: AM
As I understand it the rates are included in the £18K. HUFC only pays a peppercorn rent viz basically nowt.

can i have a peppercorn wage of 18,000 please

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Peppercorn wage for the Mayor would be a good idea.
I don't believe it.

no6bus

Strictly a peppercorn rent is just that, a peppercorn. (Which in 1600 had a value equivalent to £4 today.)
Today it means no rent is actually payable.

so a definition of £18,000 a year as a peppercorn rent is stretching it a wee bit. ;D