Indoor Bowl's club.

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 21, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatabouthisthen

The ignorance of some people on this site has prompted me to join.

Well PFTW, I don't know how old you are or how long you have lived in Hartlepool. Let me enlighten you a little.

Hartlepool has produced bowlers who have represented the town at local, County, National and International levels.
The indoor bowls has members, female and male, of all ages from the junior league (14/16 yrs) to several playing members in their nineties. Bowls has helped all ages and particularly the older generation to keep physically fit as well as mentally fit. They are far from coffin dodgers and will probably see you out. Bowls is a misunderstood sport, yes SPORT, by the uninitiated. Anybody who has played, not watched, ball sports know that skill is required as well as physical adroitness and stamina. Bowls demands this just as much as football but with the addition that skill can compensate for failing physical prowess. Add to this the additional complexities of weather, the green and the rinks to outdoor bowling and it becomes quite a complex playing game. As you have probably guessed, I am a bowler and I recommend that you give it a try rather than knock it.

As I understand it, HUFC pays a peppercorn rent and rates. The Indoor Bowling Club pays rent and rates. This is reflected in their respective costs:- HUFC approx £18K and the bowls £26K. The football club is what? Three to four times the area of the bowls? Who gets the better deal?

The Great Dictator

The bowlers do, your arena is indoors.

mk1

As soon as I saw the 'dodgers' description I knew there would be consequences. I gather all the bowlers will be informed how the football fans describe them and can only say 'great way to win friends and influence people'

You might get away with sh*ite talk like that on the closed section at the Bunker but it plays very badly in the real world.

Watch for the spiteful replies.....

not4me

Funny you should say that because I noticed that 'the campaign' part of the bunker had been closed off too. Someone realised leaving their comments open to public viewing perhaps wasn't such a good idea and would probably do more harm than good. They'll be introducing pink papers next. ;)

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on June 22, 2012, 11: PM
As soon as I saw the 'dodgers' description I knew there would be consequences. I gather all the bowlers will be informed how the football fans describe them and can only say 'great way to win friends and influence people'

You might get away with sh*ite talk like that on the closed section at the Bunker but it plays very badly in the real world.

Watch for the spiteful replies.....

you just cant help yourself can you, 1 person (me) makes the dodger remark on here so in the very strange world of MK1 that means that every pools supporter is guilty by association because some read the bunker, and if you care to look on the bunker campaign section you will find people having reasoned debate, something which has become alien to this forum. a bit like when you throw your scraps out for a nibble you are not the only person capable of doing that.
we are aware of your anti football feelings on here, but you have to address the fact that just because at school you were the last kid to get picked in team games that was a long time ago and the people responsible are not necessarily the ones who go to watch pools.
so where are we off to witness various acts of appaling behaviour on trains today, remember to take some tissues and a bottle of water.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on June 23, 2012, 07: AM
if you care to look on the bunker campaign section you will find people having reasoned debate, something which has become alien to this forum.

Find the Bunker  thread where Chip-on-his-shoulder said this forum was being 'homophobic' when it criticised the SCABs and repost the replies he got then  tell us who really is homophobic.

but you have to address the fact that just because at school you were the last kid to get picked in team games

I will put my 6ft & 14 stone against any of your swollen-bellied sad mates any day.

I could post some home videos of Pools away matches in the 90's to disabuse you of your error but I like  watching you stumble about around lashing out at everyone who dares oppose your masterplan to suck money out of the taxpayers of Hartlepool.
If  you spent a tenth of what you spend on post-match p**s-ups on gate money you would not have to run around with a begging bowl!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on June 22, 2012, 12: AM
Two things to consider:

1. The Bowls Club currently pays more rent to the council for its premises than does the football club

2. The 'Plan' calls for the council to pay for the replacement bowls club/swimming pool building
The bowls club are paying for a fully functioning building, the club are paying ground rent, hardly like with like. A bit like someone paying rent on a council house complaining their neighbour is paying less rent even though they only rent the field next door.
As for the replacement of the leisure centre, the lottery sport funds have been directed towards the Olympics for a while now, surely any council worth it's salt would be preparing a bid in light of funds due to freed up ?   
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: not4me on June 23, 2012, 01: AM
Funny you should say that because I noticed that 'the campaign' part of the bunker had been closed off too. Someone realised leaving their comments open to public viewing perhaps wasn't such a good idea and would probably do more harm than good. They'll be introducing pink papers next. ;)

As someone who was targeted to be "Tortured & Terrorised" by a poster on the bunker, it is a reasonably good idea for it to remain off limits to non bunkerites.

steveL

No, I'm not going to let that pass unchallenged.

When I stated that the bowls club was paying more in rent, I was more or less accused of lying about it. Then when it was confirmed with an actual figure by someone else, suddenly things were switched to attempts to justify the difference. It's quite obvious that No6 too had difficulty believing it otherwise why the accusation that I was making it up?

It just goes to show how badly researched people are and how little effort has gone in to considering the interests of other occupants of the Mill House site. There are too many people who remain entirely focused on the football club and don't give a toss about anyone else. To me this is obvious from cynical references 'not to concentrate on the ground giveaway and to start to emphasise the 'regeneration' instead' and to other Mill House occupants who are just as enthusiatic about their own sport being dismissed as 'coffin dodgers.' There's now another reference on the Bunker after someone noticed that the new plan doesn't include the existing skateboard facility - those skateboarders, we are told, can just use the gaps and steps around the buildings instead - in other words - f*c* 'em.

Yes the Bowls Club is covered and is maintained by the council but it is also a third of the size and occupied by a 'not for profit' organisation and not a private commercial company. If you don't recognise that the football club was given a sweet deal by the council all those years ago then that becomes just another example of how divorced from reality pools fans have become. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

popgoestheweasal.

Wow as a new member i never expected so much trying to put other members down and point scoring from another message board.
surely we would all want a brand new bowls centre. leisure centre. hotels. restaurants and green belt area.

The bowls club is a major part of that area and the town and has produced world class players Mal Hughes springs to mind.
maybe the bowls club people should get to the meeting on the 3rd july to have there say. 

marky

well now that they've all been dismissed as 'coffin dodgers' I doubt that's going to happen.
The Bowls Club will be rebuilt when the time comes by the council, if it can find the money, which is no different to their position as part of this so called plan which also calls for the council to pay for the bowls centre.

popgoestheweasal.

bowlers........coffin dodgers.
pools fans........hooligans.
skatepark kids.......chavs.
tennis......snobs.

its only words.

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on June 23, 2012, 10: AM
if you care to look on the bunker campaign section you will find people having reasoned debate, something which has become alien to this forum.

Find the Bunker  thread where Chip-on-his-shoulder said this forum was being 'homophobic' when it criticised the SCABs and repost the replies he got then  tell us who really is homophobic.

but you have to address the fact that just because at school you were the last kid to get picked in team games

I will put my 6ft & 14 stone against any of your swollen-bellied sad mates any day.

I could post some home videos of Pools away matches in the 90's to disabuse you of your error but I like  watching you stumble about around lashing out at everyone who dares oppose your masterplan to suck money out of the taxpayers of Hartlepool.
If  you spent a tenth of what you spend on post-match p**s-ups on gate money you would not have to run around with a begging bowl!
so some 20 year old videos prove your point. oh dear oh dear.
and sorry to disillusion you but i dont drink post game. in fact i dont drink pre game as most weeks i will be at work till between 2 and 2.30.
lashing out, oh behave you little drama queen its called debate.
for masterplans to suck money out of the taxpayers see the councillors who will shortly vote for more money for themselves.   

GXDN

Why doesn't the Council just put it's own plan together and forget about the football club? They seem to be expected to pay for most of it anyway or be the ones to find the money for it from other sources.

popgoestheweasal.

No hospital. no bowls club. no leisure centre. no football club thank god we will still have the odeon.