Indoor Bowl's club.

Started by popgoestheweasal., June 21, 2012, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popgoestheweasal.

Lease is up in 2 years and will be getting closed down as it is going to cost a fortune to bring up to date so theres another set of people that will be kicking off soon.

mk1

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 21, 2012, 06: PM
Lease is up in 2 years and will be getting closed down as it is going to cost a fortune to bring up to date so theres another set of people that will be kicking off soon.

I vote we give the building/land to the bowlers for nowt!

popgoestheweasal.

just read in the mail that the bowls club will be in the new millhouse project leisure centre.

no6bus

Quote from: popgoestheweasal. on June 21, 2012, 06: PM
they lease the club from the council the same as the football club do so why havent the bowls club been made to maintain the property the same as the football club have had to.
more double standards from the council or simply looking after the labour party coffin dodgers.

MK1 i agree give them it for nowt on the understanding they spend the money needed to bring it up to standard so it will fit in with the rest of the area after the action plan has been brought to reality. for you thats actually not a bad idea.

steveL

Two things to consider:

1. The Bowls Club currently pays more rent to the council for its premises than does the football club

2. The 'Plan' calls for the council to pay for the replacement bowls club/swimming pool building
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on June 21, 2012, 08: PM
they lease the club from the council the same as the football club do so why havent the bowls club been made to maintain the property the same as the football club have had to.
more double standards from the council or simply looking after the labour party coffin dodgers.

Oh dear I believe that is what is called an 'own goal'.
It appears the 'coffin dodgers' (not my phrase) are paying more than the club supported by well paid firemen with free teeth. All them pot bellied middle aged blokes drinking themselves silly on Saturday  can't  finance their own sport but  a load of pensioners can!
Is it possible  they get better crowds each week as well?

By the way you do not need to 'put Hartlepool on the map'
I have checked dozens of maps-it is already there!

steveL

That Mail article made me want to throw up "world class", "put Hartlepool on the map", the £90m into the local economy - remind you of anything?

Interesting how the facts are slowly starting to creep out:

*the football club gets the ground for free
*Gus Robinson gets the rest of the land for 1p
*the council has to find the money to replace the swimming pool and the bowls club - and quite possibly the rest too.

It's starting to look like this parrot is dead.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

Quote from: steveL on June 22, 2012, 12: AM
Two things to consider:

1. The Bowls Club currently pays more rent to the council for its premises than does the football club

do we have proof of this or is it more of the usual print lies and eventually someone will believe it trick

2. The 'Plan' calls for the council to pay for the replacement bowls club/swimming pool building

steveL

I'm not really bothered if you believe it or not; I should think most people would find it unbelieveable too. At a guess, I would say that its probably because the Bowls Club pays rent for the building which is maintained by HBC whereas the Football Club only pays rent for the actual ground and are responsible for their own maintenance.

I don't think picking on other organisations is going to help your cause and referring to members of the Bowls Club as 'coffin dogers' is disgraceful. If you want to run a successful campaign then you need to win over people not make enemies of them. You also need to be a little more open about the real situation. For example, here's a few more aspects to this 'plan' that have leaked out.

• According to Gus Robinson's son, the plans for the Odeon, which are dependent on HBC paying to fund a CPO, will most likely lead to it being flattened and replaced with social housing.
  • The same guy has acknowledged that the plans are not dependent on the football ground being 'given' to the football club and would go ahead whatever happens to the football ground.
  • Financing currently depends on a combination of contributions from HBC, the European Commission, Social Housing organisations like Housing Hartlepool, Government grants and funding from Camerons for a new pub- note the absence of any significant private finance.
  • As it stands, at the end of it all the Football Club gets the ground for nothing, Gus Robinson makes a good profit from the housing and HBC loses a valuable asset from its books and swaps it for a chunk of additional borrowing and debt at a time when it is flat broke.
Your campaign at the moment seems to consist of standing in the corner shouting at anyone who highlights the weaknesses of the plan rather than acknowledging those weaknesses and addressing them. The town outside of the football club will want to see some financial input from those who are set to gain from the plan. In addition, if HBC are to take on any additional debt then a solid case of how this can be funded from additional business rates/council tax needs to be made - otherwise it's not going to happen. You also need to take it as read that no handover of the ground will take place until the deveopment is at least underway.

Forget any nonsensical claims of £90m into the local economy - everyone is still trying to find the £26.5m that the Tall Ships was supposed to have left in town.

Lucy Lass-Tick

My b******t detector started clicking even before the Mail used the phrase 'World Class'...the whole scheme has more holes in it than swiss cheese. 

popgoestheweasal.

The bowls club is what i mentioned not the football club.  ::)
Will there be any money available to finance new bowls clubs and leisure centre. hope there is for the sake of the towns people.

steveL

I don't think there's any money around for anything at the moment. The Bowls Club is said to have 11 years left according to the usual 'end of life' logic that we seem to hear a lot of these days. If the lease does run out in 2 years, then I would guess that it would simply be extended in the hope that sometime during those 11 years the money can be found to replace it. The same is probably true about the Swimming Baths, I would guess.

no6bus

Quote from: steveL on June 22, 2012, 12: PM
I'm not really bothered if you believe it or not; I should think most people would find it unbelieveable too. At a guess, I would say that its probably because the Bowls Club pays rent for the building which is maintained by HBC whereas the Football Club only pays rent for the actual ground and are responsible for their own maintenance.

I don't think picking on other organisations is going to help your cause and referring to members of the Bowls Club as 'coffin dogers' is disgraceful. If you want to run a successful campaign then you need to win over people not make enemies of them. You also need to be a little more open about the real situation. For example, here's a few more aspects to this 'plan' that have leaked out.

• According to Gus Robinson's son, the plans for the Odeon, which are dependent on HBC paying to fund a CPO, will most likely lead to it being flattened and replaced with social housing.
  • The same guy has acknowledged that the plans are not dependent on the football ground being 'given' to the football club and would go ahead whatever happens to the football ground.
  • Financing currently depends on a combination of contributions from HBC, the European Commission, Social Housing organisations like Housing Hartlepool, Government grants and funding from Camerons for a new pub- note the absence of any significant private finance.
  • As it stands, at the end of it all the Football Club gets the ground for nothing, Gus Robinson makes a good profit from the housing and HBC loses a valuable asset from its books and swaps it for a chunk of additional borrowing and debt at a time when it is flat broke.
Your campaign at the moment seems to consist of standing in the corner shouting at anyone who highlights the weaknesses of the plan rather than acknowledging those weaknesses and addressing them. The town outside of the football club will want to see some financial input from those who are set to gain from the plan. In addition, if HBC are to take on any additional debt then a solid case of how this can be funded from additional business rates/council tax needs to be made - otherwise it's not going to happen. You also need to take it as read that no handover of the ground will take place until the deveopment is at least underway.

Forget any nonsensical claims of £90m into the local economy - everyone is still trying to find the £26.5m that the Tall Ships was supposed to have left in town.

sorry it is not my campaign, i am not involved in any way shape or form, however like everyone on here i have an opinion which i will voice.

so you seem to be well informed about the plans, were you at mondays meeting by chance. or are you simply quoting rumours and passing them off as facts.

popgoestheweasal.

Steve I,ve been 2 of the meetings and they are well organised with views aired by all and dealt with maybe you need to go to the next meeting i'm going and will sit with you.

hartlepool65

Quote from: steveL on June 22, 2012, 12: PM

Agree!