Farage Fluffs It

Started by craig finton, April 17, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Phil

Farage may have bluffed it but I believe Phillip Broughton is being a lot more slick and professional, switching on the right type of charm that appeals to the parochial Hartlepool voter that won't vote Conservative and doesn't want to vote Labour any more.

I am more of a hippie green myself but admit I don't believe they have a chance in Hartlepool.

Could the glossy leaflets, knocking on doors, giving a charm offensive put UKIP in power in Hartlepool and if in Hartlepool then how many other towns too.

I believe a fabulous independent councillor is brilliant for the town but even a super hero independent MP would amount to nothing.

I guess what I am saying is 2 things, an independent MP would be as much use as not having one (no noticeable change there then) and the voter with no real interest in politics will not be as logical in their choice as you think.

steveL

No I think there's a strategic error here. By making Farage almost the entire focus of their campaign, they have left themselves entirely dependent on his performance and under such pressure, he's now showing real signs of wobbling. There's over two weeks to go remember and Farage really can't waste time losing his temper or getting into silly arguments about audiences.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

It's never a good idea for a 'politician' to lose his or her temper with the audience. Mr Cranney being a good example of that.

I use the word politician very loosely of course.

Farage seems intent on the marmite approach to campaigning. I guess he's hoping there's 70% of the vote split a number of ways, and UKIPS 30% (if indeed they get anywhere near that kind of number consistently) could carry them home in some marginals.

It's certainly hotting up as we approach May 7th.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on April 19, 2015, 08: PM

Farage seems intent on the marmite approach to campaigning. I guess he's hoping there's 70% of the vote split a number of ways, and UKIPS 30% (if indeed they get anywhere near that kind of number consistently) could carry them home in some marginals. .

UKIP Poll results are much lower than that. The last poll showed them up at 17% but it is considered a 'rogue poll' because on average they are at the 13% mark. The dream is over and all that is left is for Farage to sell UKIP to the Tories in exchange for a seat in the Lords.

steveL

The BBC has them on 12% today - interestingly, a 2% dip immediately after Nigel's pop at the audience.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

beanzontoast

Nigel Farage is exhausted, the party has been under intense scrutiny by the media, the topical debates like question time are constant in it's negative aproach to UKIP, the last televised debate was no different, it was a stich up for UKIP as the last few seconds of the debate proved, a picture in national papers flagged up the same  isolated position UKIP and it's people's army have to endure on a daily basis.

steveL

What you need is a new PR man. Unfortunately, Goebbels shot himself; he was a bad loser too - not very British.

beanzontoast

Here we go again  as I said its reletless, there was a good quote from a subscriber to this forum which read if you keep doing the aame thing you will get the same result, the people of Hartlepool have been voting for labour for some time on may 7th they may come to realize their error or dosent bancrupting a country go far enough for you.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on April 20, 2015, 03: PM
or dosent bancrupting a country go far enough for you.

I thought the Bankers are the people who brough the country to its knees?

WiseOwl

Cleggy never said sorry to lying about student grants...  remember the riots???
Cleggy and DC never said sorry for lying about immigration down to single figures
DC never got arrested for being corrupt at allowing lots of rich wealthy folk to pay his party £50,000 each and every year to peruse political objectives and have a bite with the fop.
Nigel Farage is highlighted for err telling the truth which BBC have admitted???
Milliband has not mentioned weighing down the NHS with PFI for the next 25 years costing them many BILLIONS

The author either ignored this or was blissfully aware of it and bitched just for the sake of it :-*

How sad of you ;D

mk1

Quote from: WiseOwl on April 20, 2015, 05: PM

Nigel Farage is highlighted for err telling the truth which BBC have admitted???

That is a straight out lie. Farage was booed and heckled and like the egomaniac he is  refused to accept it might be because he is unpopular with the public at large. The UKIP 15% poll ratings show that you are not as popular as you like to claim. Deal with reality instead of blaming others for your failure.

The BBC used a balanced audience and when you are down at under 20% that means 80% do not like you.

By the way when did Nigel say sorry for getting caught shifting his money abroad (in his brothers name) to avoid paying his share of taxes?

WiseOwl

Lies or truth, I know it's a tough one.
I prefer the truth

mk1

Lies come in many forms.
For instance a man is asked by his wife if he has slept with a list of 7 women.
He replies 'I have not slept with one of those women'.
His wife walks away happy but  really what she should have asked is which of the 7 is the one  he has not slept with.
All Politicians lie. UKIP is a political party and so UKIP politicians lie.

marky

"Cleggy never said sorry to lying about student grants...  "  Oh yes he did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S8EqyjgvBI

....or you can have the musical version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo

either way you're wrong

Mr.E

If you want hidden dangers Might I suggest you look at the green party's leader!

Please do a search on Jim Jepps, who is the long standing boyfriend of Natalie Bennett.

Jepp has some ideas and speaks his mind on stating that teachers shouldn't be put on the sex offenders register for sleeping with their pupils! among other things, including saying there is no such thing as rape!

Green party leader Natalie Bennett has been forced to distance herself from a bizarre online site run by her boyfriend.

Jim Jepps used a blog called The Daily Maybe or something similar, to defend 'rape fantasies', describe paedophiles as 'complex human beings' and question why teachers who have relationships with pupils are put on the sex offenders register.

The couple met five years ago when Ms Bennett contacted him to correct something he had written about her, but now the Green party stresses they do not 'want to be associated' with his internet rants.

And he will be the person behind Bennett pulling her strings!