Councillor or MP?

Started by not4me, April 12, 2015, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Oi! I'm not having that!

The Mayor's Sacking story was broken by The Post and copied by The Mail a few days later. PHF/Independents took it to the council chamber granted, but you wouldn't have heard anything about it if it were not for The Post.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

WiseOwl

So why are so many shops empty in Hartlepool?
More shops than any other town or city per capita in Britain!
This alone speaks volumes for the present shower doesn't it?

craig finton

It's all down to mathematics matey. The number of shops is directly proportional to the average income in the town and the amount of cash people have to spend. This is why The Vision to bring still more minimum wage, zero hour jobs to the town is such nonsense.

beanzontoast

Most certainly we need a majority, its not important to me if it's a majority of UKIP councillors though , PHF and independents will do fine, and I have said this before I have a great deal of respect for Lilley, Brash Liddle, and others, but without any know cause Driddle comes out with a statement like I despise everything UKIP stands for if he read the manifesto he would see many common sense policy's which many people nationally agree with,  it would seem PHF can't get on with anyone apart from the independants.

grim reaper

I agree with you there b on t; It is a bit of a silly statement to say everything UKIP stands for is despised.
What is wrong in having an immigration system like Australia?
I don't hear the rest of the world having a go at them for that policy.
How can we keep absorbing millions into our small island and the impact it has on welfare, schools etc.
Labour, who opened the floodgates, have admitted it was wrong for them to do what they did.
They now say to allow so many in was WRONG.

So why, when someone from UKIP says it, are they  pilloried and smeared 'racist'?

Is it so wrong to be concerned about radical Muslims when a father can go on tv and blame the police and MI5 for not 'taking care' of his daughter and her travel to Syria, when all along HE was going to fundamentalist rallies, burning the American flag, shouting for Sharia law in the UK,  AND TAKING HIS 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WITH HIM! Is it any wonder she ended up radicalised?

That is why people across the UK and most non Muslim countries across the world, voice concerns about Muslims.
Even the placid 'family type' appear to harbour dark secrets.
I don't worry for myself, I worry for my grandchildren.

Jim Gillespie

Quote from: grim reaper on April 13, 2015, 11: AM
That is why people across the UK and most non Muslim countries across the world, voice concerns about Muslims.
Even the placid 'family type' appear to harbour dark secrets.
I don't worry for myself, I worry for my grandchildren.

I am very concerned about the future, not only in the UK but worldwide too:

Video Removed

Jim Gillespie

Admin,

Why on earth would you remove a video about muslim demographics when all it does it state the actual numbers of muslims throughout the world???

Even The Hartlepool Mail DID NOT remove this video when I uploaded it onto the comments section.

I thought this forum told it as it is?

Maybe not after all.........

admin

Admin: The video clearly had one motive and was designed to instil unnecessary fear. If you knew your history, then you would perhaps have realised that the video was based on a well known Joseph Goebbels production in the 30s and such videos, designed to promote hatred, have no place on this site.

Jim Gillespie

There are none so blind as those that cannot see.

When the last Labour government were in power, anyone who DARED mention immigration was branded a racist.  Of course, now he is trying to get back into No 10, Milliband openly admits they were wrong and has apologised publicly for doing so.

Now, on this very forum, anyone who dares mention the shifting demographics of either the UK or the EU is inciting hatred???

In the words of Victor Meldrew..............I don't believe it!

Balotelli

Steve,

The screenshot you have posted of a comment made on Facebook was taken out of context.

I was also contributing on that thread and a number of us were taking the p*** out of how paranoid the ToHC group was.  That comment was 100% humour/sarcasm.

FWIW - Hartlepool can afford to have a s*** MP with a good council, however it can't afford to have a s*** MP AND a s*** council.  For me the problems in this town reside firmly in Victoria Road.

DRiddle

The Greens mask slipped James, best to just accept they were rumbled.

DRiddle

This thread seems to be jumping around across a load of topics.

Balotelli

No David it hadn't at all.

I could go and copy the entire thread if you want but it would run to over 30 pages and posting that might be deemed a bit nutty.

Speaking of clever stuff like IP cloaking etc etc etc It would be handy, since I'm now an accepted member of this community again if the IP block against my home network was removed.

steveL

Quote from: Balotelli on April 14, 2015, 08: AM
Steve,

The screenshot you have posted of a comment made on Facebook was taken out of context.

I was also contributing on that thread and a number of us were taking the p*** out of how paranoid the ToHC group was.  That comment was 100% humour/sarcasm.
Really. Hacking into other people's web sites is also a criminal offence. Sites like this one that have frequently been subject to politically motivated DDOS attacks will struggle to see the joke.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Balotelli

I see your point, but given the context of the entire conversation and the fact that Michelle's 'advice' was not something that would even work it's clear to all who were involved in that conversation that she was joking.

I suspect somebody fancied making trouble for her campaign and saw a chance.

I've known Shel for a long time and regard her as not only a capable candidate, but someone who would wipe the floor with most current councillors in debate.