Wright 'delighted' at outcome of meeting

Started by steveL, March 03, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggy

Quote from: DRiddle on March 04, 2015, 07: PM
Someone messaged me to say that I get a mention in the Labour rag pictured above? Something about the remarks I made about the motion to pull out of the trust or something? Can anyone confirm that?

It says: (the bits in bold are exactly the same as in the fairy story in the leaflet)

Monday 16th February 2015 there was a deliberate attempt by opposition Councillors, including those from Putting Hartlepool First & Independents, to put our most vulnerable children and adults at risk of harm. This was attempted through a motion to full council that would have cut all ties with the Hospital Trust, which would have stopped the safeguarding of children, the frail and the elderly.

The proposer of the motion, as reported in the Hartlepool Mail website said "I do not know the financial, legal and political ramifications of such a proposal, but frankly, I don't care."

Is this really putting Hartlepool FIRST? No matter how difficult our fight becomes we will always do everything in our power to protect residents and act within the law. To do anything else in shameful.

Your Labour Councillors pledge to continue the fight for the return of hospital services to Hartlepool.  We know the strength of feeling of residents in demanding the return of hospital services and together we can win that fight.

Already we are lobbying the Future Labour Government to save the NHS when UKIP and the Tories want to destroy it.

Flump

I find it hard to believe labour nowadays, as was it not Labour councillor's who voted with regards to closing our A and E and I am sure I have seen a photo circulating of Wright in a digger at the Wynyard site.

DRiddle

Thanks, i've seen the full leaflet now. Ive posted it on social media, immediate big backlash against the leaflet.
Dunno which 'political spin guru' decided to put that out, but it's safe to say it wasn't Alastair Campbell.

Probably some clown with a double barrel name.

Big mistake that leaflet.

mk1

Quote from: Flump on March 04, 2015, 09: PM
I am sure I have seen a photo circulating of Wright in a digger at the Wynyard site.

I have looked long and hard for such a photo. There is  one of him at the One Life site in a JCB but not Wynyard.

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,2334.msg25691.html#msg25691

Johnny Bongo

My first post as I just had to comment on the outright lies printed in that Labour comic 'Your Hartlepool'. 

''Monday 16th February 2015 there was a deliberate attempt by opposition Councillors, including those from Putting Hartlepool First & Independents, to put our most vulnerable children and adults at risk of harm. This was attempted through a motion to full council that would have cut all ties with the Hospital Trust, which would have stopped the safeguarding of children, the frail and the elderly.''

Surely, as far as I would conclude, this is libel towards D Riddle. 

As for the rest of the lies/ spin, they really must be worried come May!  No doubt there'll be a truck load of Andrex delivered 'somewhere' on the Brooke estate on a regular basis until then!

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

Who was it on behalf of, who is the agent and who printed it?

This info should be on the leaflet.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on March 04, 2015, 11: PM
Who was it on behalf of, who is the agent and who printed it?

Promoted by Hartlepool Labour Party, printed by Atkinson Print

Eddie Potcake

What does the typeface remind you of?

Foggy

Quote from: Eddie Potcake on March 05, 2015, 08: AM
What does the typeface remind you of?

Strange that..... makes me wonder if they had a hand in its production  ;)

mk1

Naw.........it hasn't got the NIRAMAX Logo on it. Neither is their a photos of one of the SCABs gurning at you.

Inspector Knacker

There'll be lots of long winded talking and righteous posturing dragged out  right up until the election.... then let's see what's really going to happen.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

If Shighty is to believed?  The key part of the meeting was Hunts comments,  'Hartlepool Borough Council, together with the local Clinical Commissioning Group, should be coming up with a blueprint for local health services for the town which integrates health and social care and ensures that people access their health services in the town'. 'He said that the council and the CCG "should be in the driving seat" in commissioning services'.

Let's look at the facts and recent history.  The current CCG and the PCT before that have always been responsible for commissioning Health Services in Hartlepool and also the location of those services.  So little has changed there. 

The CCG and the PCT before that have always supported the wishes of the NT&H NHS Trust over the wishes of residents on the issue of the centralisation of key services at North Tees.  The two Chairmen of the PCT were Labour Councillors, (Gerald Wistow and Steve Wallace) I would argue they both support the NT&H Trust  (Chaired by Labour Councillors B Hanson and later Cllr R Hart) on every occasion when Save our Hospital where involved in the so called consultation period in the Tees Strategic Health Review.  I would argue the same applies to the current CCG.

Labour Councillors have played a key role as Chairmen of the PCT in seeing hospital services leave Hartlepool.  Labour Councillors Steve Ackers-Belcher and Labour Cllr Griffin collaborated with NT&H NMS Trust on the closure of A&E at Holdforth Road (Hartlepool Hospital).  The opportunity to influence the PCT and the CCG has always been there.

The reality is LABOUR Councillors in various roles have been responsible for the loss of hospital services from Hartlepool for over 10 years.

Be careful not to be mislead by those who have shafted you over and over again in the past.  In my experience leopards don't change their spots.

Riqueti

Very well said Lord Elpus. I said the same to Keith Fisher last year. The CCG are holding the strings yet not one of the Labour councillors, or Iain Wright has made any attempt to sort it out.  I was advised by a number of people in a certain social media group that the issue was not political and not to discuss politics!

Twice in Westminster Iain Wright had been advised it was a local problem. It took a bus trip to London to be told again,  for at least the third time that it is a local problem.

I wonder how many people will genuinely be brainwashed into believing Labour are the solution to our woes?

fred c

Apologies, it is slightly off Topic in as much as I haven`t banged the Hospital Drum, but the question was put about people being brainwashed into voting labour.

Having leafleted in the Manor Ward & spoken to people in the ward at the time of the Manor Residents Scandal I can see where Requite is coming from, It was  gobsmacking to hear what some of the residents i spoke to came out with.

I spoke to around half a dozen young women outside of the hairdressers at Paddy`s shops, bearing in mind it`s within 50 yards of The Manor Residents labour citidel & Wilcox had been well & truly sussed as an out & out fraud & low life.

But even when it was common knowledge that friends & neighbours had been treated so disgracefully, they were still inclined to vote for The Mob, difficult to understand in so many ways.

I have no idea about this social media malarkey, but from what little i know about it, it has the power to influence an awful lot of people.... Maybe thats the way to get the message to all of the people that vote labour because they don`t know any better.

Let them know who it was that told lies about keeping the hospital open to get his short ar** into parliament, let them know it was a Manor Ward councillor who along with his fellow scrutiny committee members signed off on the A&E closure.

Let them know that not one single member of the labour group has apologised for the the abuse the Manor 4 had to put up with.

Let them know that hundreds of thousands of pounds that was meant for community use in the Manor Ward was mysteriously put to other uses & into other peoples pockets.

The last 2 meetings i have attended in the civic where very well populated by members of the public, almost to a man/woman.... the general feeling was absolute disgust at the way the ruling group handles local governance.

Social media does reach a wide audience.... But there is nothing like a Live Meeting to make people realise exactly what they are up against & what they need to do to combat it.