Wright 'delighted' at outcome of meeting

Started by steveL, March 03, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

fred c

Basically nothing has changed, the same politicians were driving the bus then, that are going to be driving the bus now....... we will end up at the same destination.

An awful lot of people in Hartlepool will see this as nothing more than cynical electioneering plain & simple.

StellaL

Quote"Mr Hunt said that we all need to work together with the council, the local clinical commissioning group, the Trust, and the people of Hartlepool, to come up with a credible plan on how services can be delivered. We will be getting the ball rolling at once."
Well, The people of Hartlepool have a credible plan we just need you to act on our behalf and pronto!
Deja vu folks!  We all know the REAL Agenda taking place across the nation!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153123850789761&set=vb.21263239760&type=2&theater

So, to all the above mentioned  we will keep fighting for OUR hospital services.

''It will last as long as there are folk left to fight for it'' Aneurin Bevan!

Your political spin on words is just that... SPIN! We know it and I/we  will not be  taken in by it or worn down by it

Hartlepudlion

Did we really expect more than an exercise in electioneering?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Via Facebook, here's Paul Thompson's account of yesterday's meeting with Jeremy Hunt; varies somewhat from the Mail's version?  ???

Just in case anyone missed it. Here is Seaton Councillor Paul Thompson's account of the meeting with Mr Hunt:

Good Evening Everyone - Sorry for the delay in posting this, my phone battery died just after sitting on the returning train and I have only just arrived home. I am quite frankly gobsmacked by the Hartlepool Mail's reporting of tonight's meeting. They clearly had a quick chat with Mr Wright after the meeting and took it all as fact.
A few points that I will make now regarding the meeting (it's a bit long this so please bear with me) -
1) Mr Hunt has agreed to make an immediate referral to Monitor (the Health Watchdog) regarding the Management and Leadership of the Trust. However, this was nothing to do with Mr Wright's interventions but down to ME flagging up the high mortality rates within the trust and the concern of local residents.
2) Mr Hunt informed us that he does not have powers to remove the trust leadership. The only body that does is Monitor. Fingers crossed that Monitor share our concerns, the evidence is overwhelming. He said that they can only remove the leadership if they have poor leadership / governance or in breach of their Foundation Licence.
3) Cllr Jonathan James Frederick Brash had prepared a letter for Mr Hunt as he was unable to attend which detailed some really good points articulately. Fairplay to Cllr Chrissy Akers Belcher as he presented that letter on his behalf (Jonathan, do you want to paste that letter below as I think many people will be encouraged by the points?)
4) Mr Hunt said that more powers are being devolved to local CCG's and they will be the financial power base and commission the work of the Trust. It was suggested that HBC works with Stockton Borough Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group to develop a local Health Plan that benefits both Hartlepool and Stockton residents and represents their wishes. Once developed, whatever that may look like, and presented to the Department of Health it would likely be given a positive reply. In basic terms, if Stockton and Hartlepool Councils develop an equitable plan and is supported by the CCG, then it will happen. He clearly said that CCGs are in the driving seat of change and hold 'lots' of money which in turn funds hospital services.
5) Mr Hunt was asked "what was the current situation with the formal referral to him from Hartlepool Council?". He said that he was still awaiting a reply from the Independent Reconfiguration Panel. One of his aides said that he would chase this up.
6) Importantly, Mr Hunt said that 'centralised services' have had their day and that other options like district and local hospitals are the way forward, along with people being treated at home. He said that the NHS 5 year plan supports this view and was happy to go on record saying this.
7) I tried my hardest to not like Mr Hunt and I failed. He was a very articulate and astute man who clearly knocks spots of our Mr Wright. He was very honest and frank but also supportive and listening. He told us a story about a letter that he had received from a Hartlepool resident that detailed a harrowing 'care' situation received at North Tees. He said that he was so affected by it, he actually phoned Alan Foster himself to 'discuss' it. I have to be honest and say that he impressed me !
8) Mr Hunt appeared a little frustrated with Mr Wright's interruptions and I don't blame him. We were asking Mr Hunt for answers and not Mr Wright. Personally, I did not travel a 500 mile round trip to listen to Mr Wright.
9) Mr Hunt's facial expressions when Cllr Stephen Akers-Belcher was giving his 'input' were fantastic. He as clearly never met someone like Stephen before. (Make of that what you wish)
10) Cllr Loynes appeared to enjoy the journey home with 2 x Cllr Akers Belchers. I say 'appeared' as they were sitting in a different coach from myself, Cllr Dawkins and Cllr Hind but they looked like they were laughing / plotting
In short – there is some positivity about the future and how EVERYONE could have a part to play in reshaping healthcare in Hartlepool (and Stockton), but the end result is that there will be no overnight return of services to Hartlepool Hospital (that is, unless Monitor decide to sack Mr Foster and Mr Garvin' :)

Lord Elpus

I understand the SCAB's and Loyne's travelled first class, (shoulder the shoulder my ar**) says it all really.

HBC has always had the opportunity to ask the Clinical Commissioning Group to site key services in Hartlepool.  However, they have always supported the actions of the NT&H NHS Trust (in my opinion).

Thank God Thompson was there.

Lord Elpus

'Mr Hunt's facial expressions when Cllr Stephen Akers-Belcher was giving his 'input' were fantastic. He as clearly never met someone like Stephen before'.  A Tory Minister? I'm sure he has or things must have changed significantly since Mandy's day.

I can just imagine Hunt mentioning SAB to 'Big Eric' Pickles over a cuppa, as one does,  One thing for certain he won't forget him in a hurry.

mk1

Poor Jeremy. I bet it was all he could do to keep a straight face whilst the two clowns wobbled into the room. He must have been thinking it was a set-up and he would appear later on YouTube as the subject of a Candid Camera type stunt.
I am sure SAB got his points across in between all the 'errm...errmm' pauses. I hear Hunt asked him why he was inhaling so much Helium!
No doubt the fat one will bore us all to death with constant references to his 'meatun' with Hunt.
Let us hope he keeps up this sparkling performance at the looming tribunal over the fact he lied about going to a relative's funeral when he was out judging a Fairy Cake competition.

Looking forward to Angie's trial and the confirmation SAB is a liar.  Very interesting times just around the corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

On a lighter note I see the Mail saw fit to remove a comment on SAB's Boxing Story. A very clever pun on the word 'ring'. I laughed anyway!

Lord Elpus

Quote Mk1 'A very clever pun on the word 'ring'. I laughed anyway!' 

Lets hope we don't see him pounding his opponent around the ring in the first round.

Riqueti

Quote from: Lord Elpus on March 04, 2015, 02: PM
Lets hope we don't see him pounding his opponent around the ring in the first round.

Disturbing! :o

Foggy

I see some sort of 'comic' came through some Hartlepool doors today.

Don't know what's happened to the picture but I'm sure you get the idea. I can scan the whole thing if anyone would like me to. Talk about delusional.  ::)

mk1

Notice how they have tried to clone the Mail. They really are worried over this one.

DRiddle

Someone messaged me to say that I get a mention in the Labour rag pictured above? Something about the remarks I made about the motion to pull out of the trust or something? Can anyone confirm that?

It must be panic stations. Labour are getting absolutely pulled apart on the very powerful force that is 'social media'. I personally think these leaflets will back fire. There surely isn't a person left in the town daft enough to think Labour give a damn about Hartlepool Hospital?

Is there?

fred c

I'm afraid you are wrong there David, they care very much about the Hospital.

Well they will until May 8th