Torch

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, June 17, 2012, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The event today was great and a lot cheaper than the Tall Stories no doubt. Parking was free to boot.

What I couldn't believe was the number of councillors and our MP milling about the place.

There for the good time and fill their faces or pockets but not there when times are tough and we are trying to save out hospital.

I wish the electorate would wake up.

I don't believe it.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The comment was made out of frustration.

The frustration that nobody really appears to care about the services in the town.

It would have been an interesting torch route if it went from A&E location to A&E location.
I wonder if there would have been complaints about people missing out if it had.

I don't believe it.

The Great Dictator

It would have been more interesting if a torchbearer had been burned and to witness the ensuing panic in getting all the way to Stockton village hospital.

mk1

Quote from: perseus on June 18, 2012, 08: AM
but i don't think turning up to the torch event is one of them.

How about just turning up and no 'buffet' laid on for themselves?
Maybe Brash could have provided sandwiches  whilst the SCABs used their bus to transport the VIP's there and back.
Mad Dog could have done her juggling act in the background to lighten up the mood whilst Angie would offer  her services as a sure fire way of ending any bouts of nervous hiccups!

popgoestheweasal.

I,m always suspect about MPs and councillors its all a power trip or using that position to better themselves.

The Great Dictator

I don't know whose the photo is but i don't think she needs a sandwich.